LOADS of problemes with limewire

Crazy!

Road Runner!
OMG THIS STUFF IS FAST

But I am having problems with the shared files thing, like went I am downloading I don't see how much downloaded it is and also some lings (in transfer) are red other in bleu what dose that mean?

None of them are downloading? weird
I knew the search engin speed was too fast to be true lol

Hiya, to see how far the download is on a certain file you have to enable an option in the Options tab at the top, click on Options-> Dispaly and then tick the box 'Show percentage of download completion in progress bar' and you'll see the downloaded percentage and also enable auto clear on the same window. To enable correct download/internet speed settings stay on the options window and now click on Connection, and select the Wizard button at the bottom and configure you're internet connection, you should be able to locate your type/speed from the list. Some downloads won't start straight away, actually most don't. But after you've set all the correct settings in the options [i.e you can also change your user name etc}. And apparently after you've downloaded a certain number files and have set Release on them all by right clicking them on the shared Files area and setting the priority, download speeds increase as do sources. So the speeds will increase, just be patient, it's an overall much better place for stuff! :)

Last edited:
'Need more sources' simply means the person your downloading a file from has disconnected from the internet or deleted the file.

The 'count down' is your PC browsing for other files of the same content.

LimeWire is a good P2P programme. Read the 'Tips' they provide, comes in handy.

Vanilla Gorilla

torrents are the way to go. You have a better chance of finding exactly what you want. Also they are alot harder to track. The only real draw back is they take alot longer to score a download, so make sure you have the proper ports open in your network.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Torrents are great to download larger files or to download several files at once, but for single music files LimeWire is handier to use IMHO.