Multi-Disk help

I'm trying to get from MGS disk 1 to disk 2 on my emu, but I can't figure out how. Every method I tried either didn't work, or froze the emu. Here are the two disk images:

Metal_Gear_Solid_Disk1_NTSC.img
NEW2.mdf

Looking for help. I want to beat it again.

BTW, I use PSX emulator. ePSXe was to problematic. Here are the following methods I tried:

1. Mounting disk one in Daemon Tools, switching to second disk in Daemon Tools when I got to the right screen. Didn't work.
2. Same as above, but trying the "Eject CD" function. Didn't work.
3.Converting the mdf to a bin and switching that way. Didn't work.

I got the transistion working before. I cant remember how I did it.

Also, my virtual memory cards are giving me crap.

montpics

Wrong method.

1. Use Daemon-Tools to mount Disc 1.
2. When it is asked to change to Disc 2, hit ESC, click File>Change CD. A small popup will appear asking you to change Disc 2. (Don't click 'OK' yet)
3. Mount Disc 2 with Daemon-Tools and then hit 'OK' once it finish mounting Disc 2.

Cloud802

Emu Freak
Then download ePSXe, because that's what most people are using, besides, why use an average emulator when you can just get the best?

Zach

If you read his post you'd see he had problems with ePSXe, and he probably prefers not to use it. That doesn't mean he isn't entitled to some help with a different emulator.

:excl:

g0d53nd

you might have to google it DonZabu.. Not many use anything else other then epsxe. So id try another fourm or google "PSX Emulator mutli disk" or something.. Good luck

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Make sure the disk images are in a compatible format and on your Hard Drive (you shouldn't need to mount them on a virtual drive).

Click on the 'file' menu (hit Alt+Enter first if you are running fullscreen), select 'eject CD'.
Now select 'Insert CD image', browse to disk 2 and select it. If it doesn't work then its likely there is an issue with your disk 2 image.
This is the method I use with PSX and it works fine.

Last edited:
It doesn't work that way. The second disk for Metal Gear Solid is MDF. It doesn't show up when you're choosing the cd image for the emulator.

Plus when I hit "Eject CD", the emulator freezes.

Last edited:

Zach

You may want to try converting the second image file to an ISO or something. MDF is an Alcohol 120 image file, however there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Based on your problems with discs, your virtual memory cards, and lockups it sounds like maybe you need to redownload a fresh copy of the emulator and install it to a new directory to see if that helps. Also consider it might even be your operating system/drivers causing the issue for whatever reason.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
It doesn't work that way. The second disk for Metal Gear Solid is MDF. It doesn't show up when you're choosing the cd image for the emulator.

Plus when I hit "Eject CD", the emulator freezes.

I would recommend converting both disk images into either bin or iso format and try them that way. Its still entirely possible you have a corrupt disk image which wont run whichever way you try it. Seems strange that Disk 1 is in one format and disk 2 is in a different one?.

Well, I downloaded both from ******, and I don't want to do it again because it takes hours.:mad:

If it makes it easier, here are the filenames:

Disc 1: Metal_Gear_Solid_Disk1_NTSC.img
Disc 2: NEW2.mdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on your problems with discs, your virtual memory cards, and lockups it sounds like maybe you need to redownload a fresh copy of the emulator and install it to a new directory to see if that helps. Also consider it might even be your operating system/drivers causing the issue for whatever reason.

Well, I can't really think of any problem. I have the emulator in C:\PSX, and I think I have the newest version. Here are my system specs also:

Pentium 4 CPU 2.00Ghz
512 MB RAM
Windows XP
37.2 GB hard drive, 3.90 GB free space.
DirectX 9.0

(My PC sux)

I can't think of any problem with my system. The memory cards seem to work at random, and it doesn't lock up during gameplay either.

Last edited:

Zach

Well there's no knowing for sure unless you try out a fresh copy.. And if you really want to play that bad, I don't think it'll hurt to at least try.

Sometimes things becomes messed up for seemingly no reason.. Just an oddity of life

Also.. Please don't mention sites that distribute ROMS & ISO's or other questionable files, even if it's just by name.

Last edited:

Cloud802

Emu Freak
Ok, here's what I'll do, I'll download the emulator your using and look for a way to run multi disk games on it. If I run into the same probelm I will attempt to bypass it.

Edit- Also, have you tried mounting the images on Daemon Tools?

Last edited:

montpics

pSX doesn't support changing CD feature yet. (Need to reconfirm it though with mine.)

Note :
For ePSXe, try
Graphic - P.E.Op.S GPU plugin
Sound - Eternal SPU plugin
CD - SaPu CD plugin (with Daemon-Tools mounting Cd images)