Diamond/Pearl bugs usa and how to fix them!!!

barkhad

Banned
----------------------------------------------------------------
BUG: English version shows a blue screen after save during load, or freezes after load
SOLUTION: The blue screen is shown when using NO$GBA.INP renamed in firmware.bin, and the black screen freeze game when using dumped firmware... the solution for successful load is a patch made by Kingcom. You can find the program for patching here and the ips patch file here. To patch load the encrypted ROM in the upper field and the IPS file in the lower one. Once again greatest thanx to Kingcom

NOTE: This patch is tested on Diamond Version only, there is no guarantee it will work with Pearl Version too!

Bug 1: Game freezes at end of first (and other) battle(s)
Solution: Turn on sound, at end of battle pokemon that faints makes a cry sound, and with disabled sound game freezes and waits for the cry of the fainting pokemon to be prosecuted;

Bug 2: Game freezes when trying to deposit pokemon in computer box
Solution A: Use second or third option in the computer to open the deposit boxes, change to an empty box, and then return to the previous menu and deposit option should work
Solution B: Use the third - move option instead of the deposit option (which is first) to move pokemon from hand to box or from box to hand... game starts to run verry slow sometimes while trying to move a pokemon from hand to box so just use Solution A before moving the pokemon from hand;

Bug 3: Upper screen turns white while exploring an area
Solution: This is just a graphical problem actualy, its just FOG... fog is not drawn right and instead of looking like fog it makes the whole screen white, so just open the menu and use HM05 Fog Clear - now after u use fog clear the screen is still white (the screen needs to be reset), so just open any menu that ocupies the whole screen (like the pokemon list, map, pokedex, etc.) and return to the game afterwards. The fog will be gone since the screen is reset and u can play normally;

Bug 4: At some points when there is a movie sequence the screen turns white or freezes
Solution: Just wait a while the screen will return to normal;

Last edited:

Pr1s0n_13reak

I have used the patch etc. but my problem seems to be with loading states, mine doesn't load at all the ROM just crashes, other people have had black screens, then patched the file and its worked but mine just crashes completely. Any suggestions?
confused.gif

Pr1s0n_13reak

Well how is everybody managing to play it then? Cause im sure I seen a screenshot somewhere that somebody was at the end of the game.

no, game works fine don't save in battery no new file is created and it's patched and all flash 512k i dunno :( i open it and it's from the begining no black screen