How to RIP genesis game music?

SirAuron

How Do I RIP the music from Sega Genesis games? Does anyone have a guide?

Locke_gb7

I don't think he meant vgm dumping, I think he might have meant ripping, there are several games that are not possible to Dump due to the lack of a sound test and unavoidable sound effects IE: Paperboy. I have tried using a HEX Editor to locate the music code and use some software like audacity that support some Genesis sound drivers, but lack of knowledge and lack of markers in the hex made it impossible.

I am curious if anyone ever tried to do some ripping, there are no guide I know of sadly on how to do it.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I don't think he meant vgm dumping, I think he might have meant ripping, there are several games that are not possible to Dump due to the lack of a sound test and unavoidable sound effects IE: Paperboy. I have tried using a HEX Editor to locate the music code and use some software like audacity that support some Genesis sound drivers, but lack of knowledge and lack of markers in the hex made it impossible.

I am curious if anyone ever tried to do some ripping, there are no guide I know of sadly on how to do it.
Please don't practice necromancy, this thread is over 4 years old, thank you. :)