Sound Problems

Cloud802

Emu Freak
Ok, I got ePSXe running great, the video streams perfectly and everything runs awesome... except for the sound.

Ok, here are the specs for my system:
128 MB ATI Radeon vid card
2 Gigs of memory
Blaster Audigy SE that works with surround sound
Lightscribe CD and DVD ROM with burn capability for both and duel layer

It should run fine, so I know it's the settings for the plugin, the only games I've tried so far are Legend of Dragoon and Parasite Eve. The sound crackles on both. If anybody can give me advice on how to fix this problem I would deeply appriciate it, if you need to know anything to answer my question then feel free to ask.

Edit- Ok, I tried a few other games and there was no crackiling at all, is it just those two games, what the heck is going on?

Last edited:

Cloud802

Emu Freak
I figured out what it was ^_^

The plugins were setup fine, it was just that I was trying to play a Playstation game on my drive instead of an ISO, and I have a good drive, but it isn't that good.

Legend of Dragoon worked fine after I ripped the ISO from the disc, thanks for the suggestion though.

Jale

Recordable CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives are not good for PlayStation emulators. I've tried with both of my CD-ROM drive and DVD-RAM drive.

Cloud802

Emu Freak
I know, it was really jerky, and yes it's a recordable drive. I have plenty of hard drive space though so I'll be able to run them as ISOs and still have plenty of space.