Should you update the graphics Adapter on a 4 year old computer??

Jale

Are you really sure that's the card you want? I'm not saying this is a bad card, but I recommend you to think twice.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
well I just can't find a decent card that'll work with my PSU well, I've done research and this one will work I'm certain, what other one do you suggest that will definitely work well with my power supply?? Is this card shoddy then, will it not play modern games at a good rate???

Thanks! :p

Jale

This card will do you good, but don't expect high frame rates for modern PC games. Remember the 9600 is a mainstream (mid-range) card.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hi ok, if it'll do good enough for a while, I think I'm gonna get it, Butters can I just ask a little question??? I've forgotten AGAIN, what card you have, because you have a 250W PSU and have a good card, which card is this??

Crazy!

Road Runner!
And this card will work in my system as well as it does yours yes, considering my power supply is better than yours, yeah?? ;)

edit -Ive looked around and that cards requires a recommended minimum of a 350W PSU, so if it works in your comp, then you're extremely lucky! And I've aslo read that the card has caused loads of problems for peeps! And I also understand that cards perform better when there's less stuff in your computer taking psu power...

Last edited:

Jale

Yes. In fact, I'm getting a new PSU. I've asked the computer shop owner what to consider when buying a new PSU. The fact is that the higher Ws the PSU has the more devices you can connect at once and, of course, the more you will have to pay the power bill.

I'm getting a 550 W PSU.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
right so it'll work in my computer as it is now?? Are you getting a new psu because the card isn't working or so you can get a better card? I just don't know what to get???:confused:

Jale

I'm getting a new PSU to connect more devices. Don't worry, my video card is fine and kicking ;)

Crazy!

Road Runner!
So do you think either a x1600 PRO, Radeon 9600/XT, or Radeon 9800XT will work well in my system with a 300W Power Supply? Which ones yes and which ones no?

Thanks! :p

Jale

Any of them will work with your current PSU. Just make sure to plug the power cord before turning on your PC or your card will burn.

Jale

Powerful cards require additional power. That's why you must plug the power cord from your PSU to your video card, just like a hard disk drive.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
what cord from the psu should I plug into the AGP Card, how and where do I plug it into the card I think that detailed tutorial you was gonna do a bit back is a good idea if you don't mind...:p ;)

Jale

This thing:

plugyp2.jpg

By the way, I'm now using a brand new 550W PSU and everything is going cool :D

psudj9.jpg