Need help with mouse sensitivity setting in Goldeneye

Chumly

No custom user title.
I figured out how to do the whole WASD + mouse-aim typical FPS set-up, but I can't figure out how to best set the mouse sensitivity so that I can play the game well.

I don't know if I'm looking in the correct place when configuring the controls, but I think this is correct? (Project64 is the emulator I'm using.)
pj64mousesettings.jpg

If I set sensitivity to 300% and check the boxes for Absolute X and Y then I can aim great when pressing the right trigger, but regular aim-look (i.e. without the red cursor when not aiming/zooming) is way too sensitive. Finding a decent sensitivity for regular aim-look when just walking around seems to require a different (lower) slider setting.

Checking Absolute X and Y also seems to be the only way I've managed to aim with the aiming cursor remaining in place. Without those two options checked the cursor just returns to the center of the screen.

Help me out here, please. What sensitivity settings do you all use? I've searched and read some similar threads here but can't find any that go into enough detail.

Last edited:

montpics

Through trial and error if no one can give the best answer to your question. Plus, mouse sensitivity setting rarely depends on the gamers on how well he/she use a mouse. :)

Chumly

No custom user title.
I forgot about this thread.

Anyway, I resolved the issue. I went and read the input plug-in manual and saw the section that explained the modifiers. I created a modifier and tweaked the sensitivities a little.

None of the threads I found with the search function mentioned modifiers, only sensitivity, so it wasn't until I read the manual that I knew about them.

Problem solved.