How do I load a ROM on Satourne 3??

TwistedWhizz

Dunno if it´s Satourne version 3 I´m using, but on the on the version I am using, this is how I do it....

You´ll need to get hold of a freeware prog called Daemon Tools. For the love of criminy, when you install it, don´t let it install the toolbar, it´s adware. Luckily, you can just untick the box. Other than that though it´s fine. DT creates a virtual CD/DVD drive, which can ¨mount¨ your ISO or MDS files as if it was actually a disc. When DT is installed, mount your game file as above. When you´ve got the prog, you´ll understand. :)

Open Satourne, and configure the CD setting so that it´s pointed at your virtual drive. In my case it´s called a ¨G¨ drive. You´ll know if it´s worked because the game info appears in the box at the bottom. Obviously you´ll have to make sure you have set the other config options for display, sound etc. You should then be able to press the ¨play¨ button for the emu to begin. Get ready for some glitchy Saturn fun!

So that's it. Let me know how you get on and if you have any probs. I'll keep an eye, and if I can help I will. :)

Last edited:

rccars411

Satourne 3 wont work for the life of me. I've tried every damn thing imagineable... it just doesn't function. If all saturn emulation is this POOR and TERRIBLE, then its just not even worth trying at all. There are no FAQ's out there as to HOW to set up the emus... how the hell are you supposed to play something that has absolutely NO help files or support? Satourne gets a 1 star out of 5 in my book.

montpics

It is working (in a slow FPS), but not all games are playable though. :)

TwistedWhizz

It's definitely in the "not very good really" stable of emulation isn't it? I put some of that down to it being a beta, though I dunno if that's really the problem.

All the Saturn emulators are fairly naff. The closest I've got to anything playable is with an altered version of GiriGiri, though even then NiGHTS isn't really playable, along with a host of others that struggle.

I don't know where this all leaves Saturn emu. I hear good things about SSF, but seing as thats aimed at those of us with very powerful processors it seems limited. I think it's a shame, but I don't expect Saturn emu to improve really. No one seems to care. :(

sworn

I couldn't get it working either, unfortunately. Couldn't figure out DT!
Was fiddling around with Satourne for about an hour with no luck. Got the title of the game to appear in the boxes but pressing play didn't do anything. I'm trying to play Baku Baku animal which is like a more addictive tetris in my opinion, which is why I got into this whole thing. Think I'll just try buying it.
The only partial success I had was with Yabause which i got from http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/ but this still had slow FPS & after the intro video didn't actually load the game.
Best of luck to everyone. Will continue to read incase anyone has any luck. :confused: