ps2 emu problem (pcsx2)

darwavesurfer58

ok, after a few days of tinkering i finaly got pcsx2 to work (after "borrowing" the bios data out of my old ps2). it works great for the most part, only runs at 50% speed but eh, it's livable. my problem is, i have a iso of ffx-2, the international one that has the final mission on it, and it loads to the language select, pick english, and then pcsx2 crashes.... anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong? or is it that the iso i ripped just dosnt wana work?

mhl12

darwavesurfer58

his problem was graphics tho, and i mean altho it runs slow, that's not what i was asking about. it just randomly crashes whenever i play the ffx-2 or last mish, but when i play the japanese version on the disk, it runs without any crashing... or atleast did for the 2 min i let it run before i gave up on it.

and pc specs

intel p4 3.6ghz (duel core)
2gb of ram
geforce 7300gt

Last edited:
Are you using the VM or the TLB version of the emulator? Try that one your not using... It may help... Also check on the compatibility lists at www.pcsx2.net to see if your particular version of the game will run...

Last edited:

darwavesurfer58

well, i ran it in the non-vm, and it seemed to work, so that solves one problem, but in an atempt to get it to run after i turn on the duel core mode since i do run one, but it crashes, so yea, thanks for your help getting it to stop crashing when run it, but now if anyone has any insight as to why it crashed as soon as i tell it to run the rom when i have it on duel core.

mhl12

P4 is not a dual core processor. You most likely have P4 HT which basically creates an extra virtual core. That's different than present Intel Core 2 duos.