Check out my mario 64

Jale

Nice one, but mine is better ;)

untitled120ot.jpg

Jale

I got them by searching on Google Image Search, typing "tree" and got one of them.

By the way, my project is currently frozen, but it's not dead.

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
looks cool... Maybe you a Butters should get together after Butters finished his and get him to do some high quality stuff on yours.

(Ps, I sooo like inside castle.)

Jale

Wii? Lol, I don't think so. Wii has at least 512x512 of texture resolution, while my project has a maximum of 256x256 (half of Wii's texture). I was planning to make them under 512x512, but the plugin couldn't handle it.

Last edited:

datadayne

Yo butters, I have a quick question.
What image editor did you use?, and do you know if its possible to retexture BMP files?

Jale

I use Macromedia Fireworks 8 since I can't use PhotoShop because of my defective motherboard. And yes, you can retexture BMP files, but this format is uncompressed.

Jale

Get Rice's video plugin, dump textures, edit with Photoshop or some other program you like (I use Fireworks by myself, but I don't like it) and replace old texture with new ones. Textures can be 4 times bigger. More bigger won't work.

I'm planning to get a new motherboard before I can use Photoshop and continue my project. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get on the job. Earlier, I've been waiting for Project64 1.7 to come, but since it's gonna be released in 2008 I said I can't wait for too long so I think it's better to work on those textures as soon as possible.

datadayne

Heres a step by step by me.

1.You need an emulator. (project 64 or 1964 are recommended).

2.You will need a mario 64 rom. (in my case)

3.You will need a Rice daedalus video plugin. (make sure its v6.1.0 or higher) http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26229
When you download Rice, you should also get something called BMGlibPNG.dll, place this where all your emulator stuffs are in.

Setting it up....
When you download the emulator, save it in :C/Program files.

Now in program files, you should see a folder named plugins. Put your Rice in that folder.

Make a folder and name it hires_texture (exact). Place hires_texture where all of your emulator stuff are in. And in that folder make another folder named Super Mario 64.

Next, download my pack and place all of the files in Super Mario 64.

Playing with my pack....

Start up your emulator.

Click on settings and make sure you change the video plugin into rice.

Then load your rom and start playing Mario 64 my style.

for editing, you need image editors, I use photoshop, but there also GIMP, its free and its really good. When saving the images, make sure u dont change the name of the original.

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
finally got it working, thanks for the help... the textures wouldnt dump in the first place until i turned the option off, i though it would just dump it into the folder as i played, anyway, bomb bomb battle field picture had a make over into a big smily face made in paint :). and some recolouring in gimp. thanks for the help here, and i would like to see a downloadable pack sometime lol

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
lol, already got a high quality (256*128) textures that form the first floor of the castle into a Bowser like theme... i'm gonna make, Bowsers castle. cause i think it would make more sense.