Check out my mario 64

spotanjo3

Nice work both of you datadayne and butter. I hope chaos is telling the truth and we will be waiting for it as well. ;)

EDIT: I am curious...are you able to redesign the title screen from snes japan version to the snes usa vesion and reinsert it ? Let me know your experience and maybe help people out how as well. ;)

Jale

I'm buying the motherboard shortly. That means as soon as I get it I'm resuming the project.

datadayne

No, I dont think so RockmanRotties. The title screen doesnt get dumped, so that means that the title screen is not a texture but maybe a model.
Although it is possible for other games if the title screen is a texture.

Jale

You screwed the warp pipe. A lot of people won't like it. At least give it a more metal-ish texture.

johnycakes

that's pretty cool right there, but I think there's a simple way to do that.....did you replace the wall, floor, and tree sprites with your own? reason I ask is because the doors and everything else is the same...
oh, and it'd be cool if you replaced the mario sprite with the guy from body harvest's sprite...wouldn't it?

datadayne

yah, thats a good idea. About the mario spirte. You cant retexture mario because mario is a model, but you can use a plugin called "Nemu64" witch extracts the models and, you can then remodel it with something like 3ds max.

datadayne

Ya, I think that will do.

Btw, if there a game someone wants me to retexture, post them here and ill try my best.

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
Looks really good nice work datadyne. But 2 be honest i dont like editing my games, at first i do but then after a few weeks i put everything bak 2 normal.

Like with CS 1.6 i got custom weapon skins, sprays, player models, everything and i started feelin weird like i ruined the feeling of the game or sumthin so i just put it all bak to default.

But thats just my opinion man dont take it like im hatin on you lol. Keep up the good work, cos i like to look at it even if i dont use it :D

datadayne

Ok, thanks PhatPlaya. I do enjoy the original feel to it to, I try to keep the feel similar with my pack, but just modern textures.

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
i like the doors. Not the pipe though lol... looks kinda odd... Anyway. as proof that i did at least something.
marlz5.jpg

i'm still working on it, when i'm not dealing with homework and that junk.