FCE Ultra question

majax79

Is there anyway that I can get a snapshot using FCE Ultra? Say I want to show my stats to someone...I'd like to save the screen as a jpg or gif. Is that possible?

majax79

I found out that all I have to do is hit the F9 key and the screenshot will be saved. My only problem is that I use Microsoft picture it! premium 10 to open the pic and it's a very small size. I was hoping that somehow FCE Ultra would save the screen shot as a full size pic. I've tried using a few other picture programs and I can't seem to change the image manually to full screen. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Hit the Print Screen key at any point, then open something like MS Paint, click paste and save it as a jpeg. Viola, one full size screen grab.

montpics

I found out that all I have to do is hit the F9 key and the screenshot will be saved. My only problem is that I use Microsoft picture it! premium 10 to open the pic and it's a very small size. I was hoping that somehow FCE Ultra would save the screen shot as a full size pic. I've tried using a few other picture programs and I can't seem to change the image manually to full screen. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?
Because the game's screen resolution is set to a smaller size (320*240 if I'm not mistaken) and you'll need to set the resolution from its game setting. :)

majax79

I tried to hit print screen on my keyboard but it didn't do anything for some reason. Additionally, I couldn't find how to change the screen resolutioni in FCE Ultra. Could someone help me with that?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Launch FCEU, Go to the toolbar at the top, select 'config', at the bottom of the drop down menu, select 'video', then change the screen resolution in there.

As for Print Screen, it generally won't show any indication that its done anything, it just saves the screen grab, so if you then open MS Paint or something and select 'paste' it will paste the screenshot, at which point you can simply save it as a jpeg wherever you like.

majax79

Think you for all your help. I was able to figure out the print screen trick. Now, is there any screen resolution you could recommend?