MAME32 problems for the last few releases

Llaffer

I've been collecting ROMS for close to 10 years now, so I'm not a newb, but I've got a problem that I've been unable to solve.

I usually use the current MAME32 (just installed 0.113, and it still exists) as the front end to the ROMs, but when I choose one, I get the screen showing that the set's getting loaded, then when it's 100%, it goes back to the desktop view showing me MAME32 again.

Even old games that I've used to play like Mr. Do, Ms. Pac-Man, etc. will do this, not just the new ones.

As of 0.111 release, I've had a 100% ClrMamePro confirmed complete set. So I don't think my sets are bad.

I'm running XP Pro SP2 with an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor with 1 gig RAM (a system I've built about 3 years ago, and used to run MAME32 without any problems until a few months ago).

If there's any other pieces of information that you need from me, let me know.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.

-Llaffer

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Try deleting the contents of your ini and cfg folder then run a full audit and try it again. (might be worth moving the contents to a new folder rather than deleting if there are cfg's, ini,s that you need to keep).

Also the 0.111 complete set is very different to the 112 and 113 set due to the changes they made (and then removed) with CHD's so you need to run ClrMamePro with a 0.113 DAT.

Last edited: