how to down grade psp 1.52 to 1.50

theone

hi,
i am new here and would like to know if i can downgrade my psp from 1.52 to 1.50 to play homebrew games?

also can i use emulators to play other games right now?

please forgive the simple questions, but i am trying to learn.:excl:

Maxdknife

hi,
i am new here and would like to know if i can downgrade my psp from 1.52 to 1.50 to play homebrew games?

most likely not, unless it was off of ebay

also can i use emulators to play other games right now?

since it protects against homebrew, i'd think it would. but i don't have a PSP, so i wouldn't know much.

please forgive the simple questions, but i am trying to learn.:excl:

we all do sometimes.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
firmware 1.52 cant run any for of homebrew. If you want homebrew then upgrade to firmware 2.00 then downgrade using the MPH downgrader.

This downgrader will take you back to 1.5 which allow you to run 99% of all psp homebrew incnluding emulators for the N64, SNES, MegaDrive and GBA.

The problem with 1.5 that it doesnt run any of the newer PSP UMD games so you may want to look into Devhook which can emulator a later firmware off the memory stick or Dark_Alexs Custom Firmware which is basic one of the latest firmwares that has been hacked to run all homebrew that runs on 1.5

theone

can you tell me where i can get a clean version of 2.0 firmware?

also i downloaded the MPHdowngrader and unziped it, but my anti virius caught the overflow.tif as a virus and deny access to it.

was it really a virus?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
can you tell me where i can get a clean version of 2.0 firmware?

also i downloaded the MPHdowngrader and unziped it, but my anti virius caught the overflow.tif as a virus and deny access to it.

was it really a virus?

You can download firmware 2.0 from here

All antivirus programs detect overflow.tif as a virus because not long after that downgrader came out some sh!t decide they would modify it so it would delete important files from the psp so it wouldnt boot. So long as you download it from that website or PSPupdates.qj.net you should be safe. Just disable your antivirus software while you copy it to your memory stick

I dont recommend you download any PSP homebrew such as emulators from any P2P/Torrent programs just incase other sh!ts decide they would release more PSP viruses that would "Brick" your PSP.

Any homebrew you might want is available from pspupdates.qj.net and is tested by thousands of homebrewers.

theone

i went to the site you gave me to upgrade to 2.0,
when i went to download, it took me to a screen of jibbish.

is the firmware deleted from that site?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
i went to the site you gave me to upgrade to 2.0,
when i went to download, it took me to a screen of jibbish.

is the firmware deleted from that site?

Ive just tested that link and im getttin the same message. I dunno whats up with their site.

Try here for the 2.00 firmware.

And remember when you are upgrading/downgrading not to pull the battery or charger out.

theone

thanks, the other site worked and i got the 2.0 firmware upgrade downloaded.

i'll give it a try later and let you guys know how i made out.

but i was also thinking, how come i can't just down grade to 1.50 from my 1.52 right now rather then upgrade to 2.0 then come back down to 1.50?

also if everything goes according to plan can i go back and forth from 1.50 to 2.0 and 2.0 to 1.50 at will?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
thanks, the other site worked and i got the 2.0 firmware upgrade downloaded.

i'll give it a try later and let you guys know how i made out.

but i was also thinking, how come i can't just down grade to 1.50 from my 1.52 right now rather then upgrade to 2.0 then come back down to 1.50?

also if everything goes according to plan can i go back and forth from 1.50 to 2.0 and 2.0 to 1.50 at will?

The Overflow.tif is a specially created file that tricks the psp into run a program that changes a file on the psp which says what current firmware it is running. The program changes it from 2.00 to 1.00 so the 1.50 update will run. Support for .tif files was added in version 2.00.

theone

can you give me detail instruction to upgrade to 2.0,

i copy the eboot.pbp into my psp/game folder.

is this where it belong on my memory stick?

if so how do i begin the psp upgrade?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
can you give me detail instruction to upgrade to 2.0,

i copy the eboot.pbp into my psp/game folder.

is this where it belong on my memory stick?

if so how do i begin the psp upgrade?

Create a folder in side the GAME folder called "UPDATE" then copy the 2.00 update into that.

Your memory stick should look like this-

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP

Goto the XMB on your psp and scroll to GAME then scroll down to Memory Stick, select the update and press X, follow the on screen instructions to install.

theone

thanx, i upgraded to 2.00 and the psp work fine,

now comes the acid test downgrade to 1.50.

i hope that tif overflow really is not a virus but i'll make a leap of faith and see what happen,

will let you guys know how it work out later.

theone

the update worked fine my psp show 1.50.

those assholes at sony really try to scare people with virus scare to stop people from doing this.

i assume now if i want to i can go back and forth between 1.50 and 2.00 as long as i follow the procedures?

also can you suggest a game for me to download and play with and also give instructions on how to use the emulator for that game?

much thanks to you guys for your help todate!:bow: :bow: :bow: :D :D

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
the update worked fine my psp show 1.50.

those assholes at sony really try to scare people with virus scare to stop people from doing this.

i assume now if i want to i can go back and forth between 1.50 and 2.00 as long as i follow the procedures?

also can you suggest a game for me to download and play with and also give instructions on how to use the emulator for that game?

much thanks to you guys for your help todate!:bow: :bow: :bow: :D :D

Your free to upgrade and downgrade anywhere between 1.00 and 3.03. If you play alot ofthe newer psp game you might want to intsall devhook which emulatoes later firmewares from your memory stick or install 3.03OE-C or 3.10OE-A to your psp. both allow you to run homebrew and the latest games.

For emulators you could try

gpsp 0.9 which is a GBA emulator that can run alot of games at playable speeds with sound and it also supports saving.

POPs which is the playstation emulator sony released which has been hacked to run any games. but youll need 3.03oe-c or 3.10oe-a to run.

There are other emulators for snes ,egadrive etc, just search through pspupdates.qj.net

theone

i just pick up a bunch of games and unziped the folder.
the folder say psp emulator with games just drop in mem card.

i did that, didnot work.

if you open the folder it has another folder called games
open it and i see emulator folder and emulator% folders,

snesemulator and snesemulator% folders etc..

and a whole bunch of games
like adventures island.nes
addam family 2.smc

etc...

what folder do i put on my psp and where?

please provide detail instruction, because i can't wait to try out the psp on these homebrew games.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
i just pick up a bunch of games and unziped the folder.
the folder say psp emulator with games just drop in mem card.

i did that, didnot work.

if you open the folder it has another folder called games
open it and i see emulator folder and emulator% folders,

snesemulator and snesemulator% folders etc..

and a whole bunch of games
like adventures island.nes
addam family 2.smc

etc...

what folder do i put on my psp and where?

please provide detail instruction, because i can't wait to try out the psp on these homebrew games.

Copy both the foldername and foldername% in to PSP/GAME

so that your memory stick looks like this-

X:/psp/GAME/FOLDERNAME
X:/psp/GAME/FOLDERNAME%

You need both folders because each folder contains an eboot.pbp, one of them tricks the other one into running.

theone

hey guys,
i have been playing the homebrew games and it is great.

i wonder is there a way to get cheat codes for these games?

if so where? also did anyone do the james bond games and wwii games like battle of midway to play on the psp?

anyway thanks for all your help to get me running!:bow: :bow: ;)