Zelda: OoT problem

bobafett5607

Beginning C++ Programmer
I am using Mupen64 v0.5.1 and trying to use Jabo's D3D 1.6 video plugin, which used to work perfectly for me. There shouldn't be a problem, since I have an Nvidia GeForce MX 4000, but Zelda: OoT v1.0 (the best version BTW) suddenly stopped working well. Link's clothes are white, the grass is blue, and there are many other minor annoyances with the rendering. It's as if the emulator/my video driver suddenly changed blend modes.

It should also be noted that I tried many other plugins, all of which work better than Jabo's plugin but have many annoying glitches and aren't as good as the Jabo plugin used to be. Please don't say "Try more plugins," because believe me, I tried them all.

On a side note, I hate Zilmar and Jabo for charging money for their 1.7 beta of PJ64 (although I might buy it anyway if nothing else works).

Jale

Use Project64 1.6 if you don't want to pay for the 1.7 (though the beta version is only for donators. The final release for 1.7 will be free). Since your card is DirectX 9 compatible you shouldn't have any problem running the Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin.

bobafett5607

Beginning C++ Programmer
Use Project64 1.6 if you don't want to pay for the 1.7 (though the beta version is only for donators. The final release for 1.7 will be free). Since your card is DirectX 9 compatible you shouldn't have any problem running the Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin.

Yeah, and the final release won't be until next year. I think they're trying to make a little cash off of this beta... :glare:

And it's hard to believe, but I have DX 9.0c and have glitches like crazy with Jabo's plugin running all versions of OoT.

Jale

Like I said to other members, don't confuse the DirectX you install and the DirectX API of your video card. The difference is that one is software and the other one is hardware. What I'm talking about is the hardware one.

Also, make sure you're running the Direct3D8 plugin and not the Direct3D6.

My old graphics card was a DirectX 8.1 (mine currently is DirectX 9.0c) and it was playing Ocarina of Time with no graphic errors, except for that small door on the map. I doubt your video card is the problem, because your card is DirectX 9, unless it's not a shader-supported model. I've never used nVidia cards, so I cannot tell.

Last edited:

Jale

Indeed. It's because Project64 needs to render all 60 FPS even if the game runs at 15-30 FPS internally. Reaching the 60 FPS is system and graphics intensive.

bobafett5607

Beginning C++ Programmer
I made a deal with someone at school to buy a much better computer from him for $400 at the end of summer (his old one). It's 2.0 Ghz with a Shader 3 video card and 1 gig of RAM. I will not be trying to emulate OoT until I get that machine.

Oddly enough, Majora's Mask works fine on my PC using Jabo's plugin, even though OoT runs horribly. I know you'll all say "no way" but it's true! :confused:

barkhad

Banned
First of all some computer are not able to run certain files.If I was you i would buy a new computer

montpics

First of all some computer are not able to run certain files.If I was you i would buy a new computer
What you posted just now is not making any sense to me and others as well.

For bobafett5607's case, you should check the ROM whether it is a good one or just a bad dump. (With either RomCenter or clrMAME and dat given)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Make sure you have one of these:
No-Intro N64 dat said:
game (
name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.0)"
description "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.0)"
rom ( name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.0).n64" size 33554432 crc 946fd0f7 )
)

game (
name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.1)"
description "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.1)"
rom ( name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (v1.1).n64" size 33554432 crc a108f6e3 )
game (
name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.0)"
description "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.0)"
rom ( name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.0).n64" size 33554432 crc cd16c529 )
)

game (
name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.1)"
description "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.1)"
rom ( name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.1).n64" size 33554432 crc 3fd2151e )
)

game (
name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.2)"
description "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.2)"
rom ( name "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (v1.2).n64" size 33554432 crc 32120c23 )
)

ZIP your ROM and when you open the ZIP file you can check the CRC in one of the columns.