Need help running this game (error opening CDVD plugin)

Senviro

I'm trying to run RPG Maker 3 with pcsx2. The thing is, nothing's working. I've tried all of the plugins that have come with pcsx2 and have tried many different ways to open the image. I have used DAEMON tools to mount the iso to drive F and then connected to drive F using the PEOPS CDVD Driver 1.2.0. I've got all the BIOS and have set it to use the USA version of the BIOS (it is the USA version of the game). The game doesn't even open. As soon as I click either execute or run CD/DVD, an error message pops up saying "Error Opening CDVD Plugin". Does anyone know how I can get this game to work properly?

Now, after trying to run the game one more time, this no longer happens, it's worse. Now when I click run CD/DVD or Execute, pcsx2 closes without warning. I haven't changed any settings, anyone know any solutions to this problem either? :confused:

Senviro

mhl12

run cd/dvd should be the one that runs the game assuming that your ISO is not damaged and that you've directed peops cdvd driver to the correct mounted drive.

What are you pc specs?

Senviro

I'm not at the computer now but they're not too good. The computer doesn't have a very good video card but it's a pretty capable machine. I wouldn't expect it to be able to run very many games but I figured it would at least play RPG Maker 3 (or at least try to run it).

I'm guessing that the ISO got damaged somewhere along the way. I guess I'll just have to go get my PS2 out of storage if I wanna play it... :(

mhl12

for ANY ps2 game, you still need a good pc to play it on pcsx2.

dual core processor
good video card that supports pixel shader 2.0
1-2 gigs of ram

LORD-KINKY

AHZI DAHAKA
I don't usually mount images. Have you tried to just open the image using execute command? Works for me.

LORD-KINKY

AHZI DAHAKA
execute does not open the image. Execute is to load the BIOS.

Interesting. And if you select execute, and then instead of BIOS file choose to open image file, what will happen? I'll tell you - game will start. Not right away, though. It will look the same as if you were running the game on real PS2. After PS2 starting screen, instead of showing "browser", the screen will go black and after a little wait game will start. I run all my games that way.

mhl12

true but execute takes much more time since the bios loads first.. run cd/dvd instantly starts the game.