Is this normal?

Damien_9607

Alright, so I'm sitting here, after finally getting RE2... And this problem happens... I start up the game, and the right side of the screen is missing, and on the left side, the right side is fused with it. Kinda hard to explain, I'm probably gonna get a screen shot if that's not making enough sense. Also, whenever a scripted sound comes up,(For example, a character talking.) I can hear the voice, but half the time, another thing I hear is a loud "BZZZZT! BZZZZT!" noise, in the middle of them talking. I'm thinking that the buzzing is a download problem, and that I should find a new ROM, but what about the picture? Is there something wrong with my current settings? Or is this just a crappy ROM in need of throw-a-way?

Just tried something out. Played it again about five seconds ago. This time, instead of buzzing, there was absolutely no sound at all. There were no scripted voices, sound effects, music, anything...

Oh! And one more thing, I apologize with the crappy title. After making it, I kinda realized that that's not gonna help. I probably should've put down, "Sound and video errors". Once again, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Saying what emulator you are using and a brief idea of your system specs (CPU, Ram, GPU and OS) would be a good jumping off point.

Damien_9607

Well, I, being computer illiterate, have no idea how to post my system specs... But I'm using Project64.

Damien_9607

I'll just use Photobucket...

GlitchPicture2.jpg

The right side isn't supposed to be there. It should only be the left side of the screen.
GlitchPicture1.jpg

That truck shouldn't be walked on. But I'm on it anyways... I guess 'cause I'm cool like that.
GlitchPicture3.jpg

The right side of the screen is still funny looking. I can also see zombies coming from that side, which is actually fairly useful. Keeps me from getting flanked.
Lastone.jpg

Can you read that? I can't.
Picture4copy.jpg

Remember when I said zombies could be seen from around walls? So can I, as well as items and ammunition.

Hope that helps you guys.

Jale

You should've read the Project64 game FAQ:

Known Issues:

Core:

• May hang when going into shop. not sure why this occasionaly happens. make a state save, try again you should be able to continue. Possibly related to audio plugin rather than core?
Video:

• Flickering during game play, not too serious.
  • Depth issues where objects appear in front of scenery - you may wish to try a 3rd party graphics plugin.
  • Option menu text is garbled and unreadable.
Sound:

• Speech garbled/glitched or absent in parts of game that use it i.e. cutscenes - you may wish to try a 3rd party HLE audio plugin and send Alists to Audio plugin (RSP config) or a modified RSP if available (don't ask us please).
Frequently Asked Questions:

Why do the movies not show up?

The default graphics plugin is unable to display the movies (FMV) in this game.

barkhad

Banned
there are plenty of glitches in the game you are playing.I would insist you to play the ps1 version because there are less glitches and it also have way better graphics but it has much more megabytes than nintendo 64 version.I would give advice if you want to choose any emulator choose ePSXe

Jale

there are plenty of glitches in the game you are playing.I would insist you to play the ps1 version because there are less glitches and it also have way better graphics
You're right that the PlayStation version has less glitches, but if you think the PlayStation has better graphics than Nintendo 64, you're totally wrong.

...but it has much more megabytes than nintendo 64 version...
The data contained in the Nintendo 64 cartridge is compressed and that's why it's much smaller than the PlayStation's CD-ROM. Compressing data as much as the Nintendo 64 version would be a waste of free space, right? That's why CD-ROM is great for media storage, which offers better sound and video quality. Since DVD-ROMs are actually dominating the media market, the video and audio quality is outstanding.

I would give advice if you want to choose any emulator choose ePSXe
I recommend getting both versions (1.5.2 and 1.6.0), because sometimes, the latest one doesn't work. If you want 100% compatibility, use pSX. It looks crappier (lo-res), but chances of getting graphics/sound glitches is almost impossible, just like the real console.

Damien_9607

Heh, slightly embarassing. But I don't need the PS1 version. Trust me, they're both different. 64 Version has better graphics, new items, an added story... And that's about it. I already own the GC version. (Which makes me wonder why they didn't bass the GC version off the 64 version.)

Plus, I tried using the PSX Emulator, I was driven to near insanity trying to put it together... Trying to find those stupid SCPH1001.BIN thingies made me go insane. I never DID find them... Setup didn't go too well either. I gave up on the PSX thingy, and decided 64 would be better.

Damien_9607

...Why? What's in 2008? Oh, and thanks for helping me again, bro. I remember you from my last thread.

Damien_9607

Nah,I can live with a few graphic glitches. Hell, it seems to domore good than bad.

Yamaraja

I'd suggest you get epsxe and get the dual shock version of RE2. you can get it off a torrent but I forgot where to find it. or you can get the PC version. I don't think you'll be able to get the N64 version to run. I'm surprised it even starts up for you cause it doesn't for me.