Help with SSF (1st time user)

p4o2

I have the SSF emulator running on Win98 and the EXE file gives me the error "illegal operation, invalid instruction". I have tried searching and see some references to Bios but I need detail of what to do the get SSF running. Any help is appreciated.

p4o2

Thanks. I have gone to the others and did find one that says will work with Win98.

Also found out about the Bios files.

Only tried Mist so far and it did not run. Will try some more games.

p4o2

OK this is now a chalange to get one of the emulators to work.

With Cassini I get either: an error that starts BIOS.. and has a series of unknown characters, or an error that says "Get CD Handel error 1"

With GiriGiri Debuger 6a it recognizes the CD (puts the name in the box) but then I get a blank Sega Saturn screen and no keys will work.

BTY I fund two Bios files I am using: Sega_100.bin and USA.rom (EUR.rom for Cassini).

Any help you can give me?

p4o2

yes use daemon tools to mount the isos

Thanks. I guess I can search for "daemon tools" here or google?

BTW I found a post here 12/2006 that sounds like my problem. I now can get the blank screen wih Cassini (as well as the other) but still get "get CD handle error 1".

Last edited:

p4o2

you need daemon tools you mount the iso and make sure you have the bios.bin in cassini folder

Alexander you seem to be the only one interested in helping and I thank you.

I have Daemon tools intalled and am trying to mount a game. I have looked at the Help and am not getting anywhere. I now have an F drive and the game CD is in M. Do I need to get a "burner" program to copy M to F? Cassini is now looking to F for the game. Just trying to mount how do I mount the whole CD?

is simple click in daemon tools icon right button and virtual cd rom mount image search the folder where you got the iso and the letter you want the iso f or m i dunno whatever and then try cassini ;)

montpics

p4o2

Thanks I will try that. I am just not very good at this (I guess). Cassini has a help file but I can not open it because "it does not have a programe assoiated with it". Any idea how to open it?

Also Daemon Tools will not work with out a 1 to 1 copy and all the burning programs that Daemon Tools lists seem to be ones that require purchase. Any "free for private use" software that will work?

p4o2

Thanks I will try that. I am just not very good at this (I guess). Cassini has a help file but I can not open it because "it does not have a programe assoiated with it". Any idea how to open it?

Also Daemon Tools will not work with out a 1 to 1 copy and all the burning programs that Daemon Tools lists seem to be ones that require purchase. Any "free for private use" software that will work?

Nope still can not run Cassini. Now after I get the blank screen I get the dredded "the programe has created a fatal error" or words to that effect. My PC is just too old for this stuff. I surrender!

p4o2

well i have a pentium 3 so i dunno try to but a new one ;)

I agree, but I have way too much time on my hands to go for the simple solution. The need for an emulation of Saturn is not the number one thing on my list. Getting a used Sega Satrn console on eBay will take up some of my free time now. Thanks again for the help.

Zach

Why do people still use crapssini?

Hacked up piece of crap built off other peoples work.

Last edited:

Zach

Can't say that I know. Part of emulation is experimenting with things for yourself though.

I'd rather support a legitimate emulator either way

Ansatsuken

I've tried to run DBZ Shin Butouden with SSF, but the emulator didn't even open a single window, and my OS is WinXP SP2. Does anyone know why?

Ansatsuken

Is the Bios Sega_101.bin or Euro.bin? I've already used them with other emulators (Cassini and another one, dunno the name), but after the Saturn logo, all that appears is a Winamp-alike screen, and the controls don't work. By the way, I've tried to run the game with the "no-name emulator" without the Bios, and the game intro ran almost perfectly, except for the screen; it was black. I think it's a bug in the SSF or in the PC's config.