nearing its end?

Linkmaster183

Old Style Gamist
Is the gamecube nearing it end or is it going to go on for a few more years?

mhl12

not yet just like how the ps2 isnt dead yet.

p.s. dont create 2 threads of the same topic.

spotanjo3

not yet just like how the ps2 isnt dead yet.

p.s. dont create 2 threads of the same topic.

You forgot something. Sony is different from Nintendo. Sony have no planning to end it at anytime and they will continue it as long as they want it to depend on companies. The Nintendo usually end the console in 5-6 years for the next new system. Sony didnt because Sony is a pig and they do not care about people but the money, you know. I love some sony's games but I do not appreciate Sony's way. :)

Last edited:

Jale

Well, that's a shame. At least the Gamecube market has closed with golden brooch: Twilight Princess.

Jale

I bet the NES sold more than SNES, N64 and Gamecube. Can Wii defeat the NES in sales?

spotanjo3

I do not count NES more than SNES because both were different bits in memories. SNES sold more than Sega Gensis and Nes sold more than Atari and PSX sold more than N64 and PS2 sold more than Game Cube. That's simple. :)

Now, Wii sold more than PS3. :D

Jale

This is what people have in my country (Venezuela) in order from top to bottom:

- PlayStation. *
- NES. **
- SNES. *
- Nintendo 64. *
- PlayStation 2.
- Gamecube.
- Xbox.
- Sega Genesis.
- Xbox 360.
- Sega Dreamcast. *
- PlayStation 3. <-- With the price of this shit I can buy 2 PCs with Pentium D processors and 2 GeForce 8800 GTX cards. Now talk about expensiveness...

As for handheld consoles (same order):

- Game Boy Color.
- Game Boy Advance. *
- Nintendo DS.
- Sony PSP.

And PCs (same order):

- Pentium III/Celeron under 1.5 GHz.
- Pentium 4 under 3 GHz. *
- Pentium II.
- Pentium 4 over 3 GHz.
- Pentium D/Celeron D.
- Pentium (Pentium I). **

With or without video cards with an average of Geforce 6200's performance.

Keep in mind that this is just an estimation.

* I own this.
** First videogame console or PC I had.

And to conclude... PlayStation dominates in the Venezuelan market.

Last edited:

Zach

I do not count NES more than SNES because both were different bits in memories. SNES sold more than Sega Gensis and Nes sold more than Atari and PSX sold more than N64 and PS2 sold more than Game Cube. That's simple. :)

Now, Wii sold more than PS3. :D

The 2600 was 4-bit, not 8-bit. It may have been capable of 8-bit power (this is debated), but let's be realistic. It had it's balls cut off by other limitations. Anyway you just can't compare NES To Atari anyway.. The leap is just too profound

Last edited:

spotanjo3

The 2600 was 4-bit, not 8-bit. It may have been capable of 8-bit power (this is debated), but let's be realistic. It had it's balls cut off by other limitations. Anyway you just can't compare NES To Atari anyway.. The leap is just too profound

I know alot about bits. I am talk about 7800. :)

Damien_9607

Well, that's a shame. At least the Gamecube market has closed with golden brooch: Twilight Princess.
I bought Twilight Princess the week it came out. And then had it fully complete a week later. It wasn't worth the money.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I bought Twilight Princess the week it came out. And then had it fully complete a week later. It wasn't worth the money.

It depends on how much time you had during that week ;)
I have the Wii version and I think it will take me at least 60 hours to finish it. It is defeinately worth the money for me.
About the GC, I don't think many games will get released during this year. Most announced games like DK Bongo Blast and Super Paper Mario have moved over to the Wii.
BTW, did you know the GC sold even worse than the N64?