Kill Bill Vol. One

DanielW

Just saw it today. It was pretty good, but the plot was very basic. woman almost gets killed. woman seeks revenge. woman kills those who tried to kill her. some of the fights scenes are way over the top. i.e. somebody's head gets chopped of and they spray blood around llike a fountain for half a minute. it was a good movie though, but no plot twists made it kind of dissapointing (well there's one surprise at the end).

Zach

I saw it a few days ago.

It was meant to be nothing more than a fun film, poking fun at cliches, and borrowing things from a lot of other movies.

I liked it alot.

El Fugitivo

The only reason I could see people hating it would be that it's ultra-violent. But still, in the theater I work in, only a few people left the theater partway-through because of the blood, and I live in a very conservative area.

The story is admittedly simple, but I don't think it's weak. It's really only meant to show the motivation behind the action.

Zach

Jay stop.. Go browse another forum, you are turning into "one of them people"

lol..

I admit, I do not have the best stomach. I cringe easily, and I wasn't sure if I could handle the movie; but it was a great way to kill time. It was more hilarious to me, maybe there is something wrong with me. Oh well, if I shoot a school full of kids, I guess you'll see me on the news or something

Of course I wouldn't do it like those two pussies, I'd make sure no one got out.......er..

yeah, great movie.. 10 stars.

J

Jet Set Willy

It's a fun film. Wouldn't make a good book, probably shouldn't win any prizes for dialogue, but EXCELS in pure watchability.

hitmonlee

i dont have a problem with blood, moreso long drawn out fighting scenes

Codeine

The only scene that Ive actually cringed at, was that scene in Scar Face where the guy get's the Chainsaw to the head. I really dont like that scene for some reason.

Motoko

yeh same here, didn't like that at all. terrible

J

Jet Set Willy

It's just occured to me that this film rips off a hell of a lot from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.
  • Impossibly good sword
  • Fight scene with one girl against an entire tavern
  • Wire fighting, superhuman grace
  • The good sword cutting other swords to pieces
  • Cocky female protaganist

El Fugitivo

I'd say that the fight between The Bride and the Crazy 88 wasn't really a ripoff of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I'd say it's more of a Bruce Lee homage (the jumpsuit, the sheer number of enemies coming in waves) with swords. And really scenes like that, as well as swords of mythic power, are staples of classic old kung fu and samurai movies, respectively. And keep in mind that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was Ang Lee's Raiders Of The Lost Ark or Star Wars, an epic tribute to the films that he remembered from his youth. He and Quentin probably just like and borrowed from the same films.

Zach

The whole point of the movie wasn't to be original.

I thought that much was obvious

The movie exists to be a kick-ass good time, gorefest, using the best of everything and putting it into one.

Kind of like DOS. We all know DOS came after Windows.. I mean, how could such a wonderful OS as DOS possibly be invented before a piece of shit like Windows ? Windows was OBVIOUSLY the learning experience for Microshit Software