spider-man: the arcade game

edward84

i need help i have MAME32 0.90u1 and i have spiderman the arcade. the rom runs but a message always pops up before it starts that says video emulation not 100% accurate and the game sounds choppy and when they zoom in and out through the game it looks awkward. can anybody give me tips on how to fix this problem or where to find a better version of the rom? id really appreciate it thanx

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
This is just some info from the devs. This means this game is not perfectly emulated yet. There's nothing you can do about it, except to fix the game yourself (if you're a great programmer, that is).
Getting another version of the ROM won't change anything.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
i need help i have MAME32 0.90u1 and i have spiderman the arcade. the rom runs but a message always pops up before it starts that says video emulation not 100% accurate and the game sounds choppy and when they zoom in and out through the game it looks awkward. can anybody give me tips on how to fix this problem or where to find a better version of the rom? id really appreciate it thanx

This works fine on my system. I'm running Mame V0.108 and although the game is still reporting that emulation isn't 100% accurate I haven't found any obvious glitches with graphics or sound and it has a rock solid frame rate.

I would say that either you need to update to a later version of mame or that perhaps the hardware you are running it on isn't quite up to the job.

If it is a problem with the completeness of the emulation then there is nothing you can do and you will have to wait until MameDev improve the emulation for that particular boardset.

edward84

i downloaded Mame V0.108 but when i try to load my roms like theyre there but the game doesnt start it just goes back to the list.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to update the romset with a rom manager like ClrMamePro to use the roms with a different version of mame. Particularly any version after 0.106 where there were significant changes to the mame core.

Also bear in mind that if you have Dl'd mame32 0.108 you need to run a fresh audit first. Mame32 will then report any games which no longer work/need updating.

Last edited:

edward84

thanx for the help i found the problem though the games on 108 automatically start with direct 3D and my computer cant play that for some reason so i did an audit and started it on GDI i think its called and it started but its really really slow and choppy. so i think i need to get more RAM or a new video card on my computer which do u think will fix my problem best more RAM or a new video card? i only have 384MB of RAM on my computer.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You don't specify what system and OS you are running.

Dependent on what operating system you are using you could definitely use a minimum of 512Mb Ram. You also really want at least a DX8 (Geforce 4 series or Radeon 9000 series) graphics card. It hasn't got to set the world alight and lower end AGP DX8 or DX9 cards can be had for very little money.

Newer builds of Mame are a lot more system hungry than old builds so you really want a mid spec PC to play 'everything' at reasonable speeds nowadays.