How To Run Metal Slug 1-5 and X on Nebula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kblader

newby
ok, i got metalslug 5 to work but it says its locked! what can i do?

edit: is the latest nebula the 225 one? cuz i downloaded the nebula zerpentos mentioned, argh when i thought i finally got metalslug 5 to work it gets locked :(

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Try not to make too many threads. just one is good enough and I am here to help you through it. mame32 0.122u5 is your best way.

Make sure you have a correct rom. The metal slug inside you see might have ms3.c3.rom which is wrong. Every metal slug roms must have something like this:

256-c3.bin, etc

which is a correct checksum. Many google might not have it. You will need to go to IRC channel to get the correct ones.

Last edited:

montpics

ok, i got metalslug 5 to work but it says its locked! what can i do?
The one you had is an old set of Metal Slug 5. Try the get the latest set of ROMs.

Alternatively try to use the old version of Nebula which the first poster had pointed out.

Dyslogistic

If you want the Metal Slug series 1 - 5 working for single & net play, all you need to do is download the newest version of Kawaks.

Hunt down the UNCOMPRESSED versions of Metal Slug 1/2/3/4/5 and the decrypted C of Metal Slug 5. Check CAESAR (Database) to check if you have the right version, also remember to run a ROM Audit in Kawaks, check the log-file and you will see what you're missing.

Filenames:
mslug.zip
mslug2.zip
mslugx.zip
mslug3.zip
mslug4.zip
mslug5.zip
mslug5nd.zip (Make sure to run THIS rom in Kawaks, it is parented, and yes you DO require mslug5)

It's really not that hard, if you really want it, take the time to find it.

Last edited:

the_EMU_kid

i just got lucky and played them all in my first stike (1st emulation experience )1 year ago with kawaks 1.48b(i think)

gopal123

Metal Slug 6 is a nuclear wave game and the equipment isn't imitated at this point. Likewise, there is a hacked variant of Metal Slug 3 named Metal Slug 6. On the off chance that you mean genuine Metal Slug 6 it is highly unlikely to play it on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.