advice please...

thewillman

i got mame32 0.111 and i don't know how to play games... when i open it it searches for games and gets to 100% and the little squares go black, so something is happening, but then i click on one and it doesn't work... do i need to download something else to play games?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Using google or another search engine you should be able to find what you are looking for. Discussion of romsites/links etc is a no no. Simply running Mame32 without any roms will list all of the games that mame emulates but none of them will run because you haven't dl'd the rom files for them.

Each game in mame requires a rom file which is a dump of the information from the original arcade board it ran on.

When you locate the ones you want to play. Leave the rom files zipped and put them into the 'roms' folder within your Mame32 folder.

Now when you run an audit in Mame32 ('file'>'audit all') the games you have installed roms for should display an icon in the list.

Double click and the game should load.

As a test to make sure you are doing it correctly download the free roms available from mame.net and try to get them running. The reason they are 'free' is because the original creator/copyright owner has given permission for them to be used. In most cases this permission hasn't been given which is why discussion of places to acquire them are frowned upon.

Last edited:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
That wasnt a thanks, it was a sarcastic attack on my lack of help. Not my fault Im to lazy to type a whole guide for him...