u torrent keeps crashing my pc

millerboy

guys,

any info on the above. i'm using xp pro sp2 with CA security suite. i've been using u torrent for 5 days now and find it excellent - what you dload is what you get(not like limewire). my only problem is that it keeps crashing my pc every so often. i lose my speed, seeds and trackers and have to wait for everything to reconnect, even then it sometimes crashes 5 mins later - this is driving me mad, any ideas ??

millerboy

Jale

Have you used anything else like BitComet? Did you read the uTorrent's website for this problem?

Jale

I never had problems with uTorrent either. I've been using BitComet for a long time until I entered the scene of private torrents, which they don't allow us the use of BitComet because of cheating the upload/download ratio.

mhl12

bitcomet already has a pretty bad rep and the newest version is so bloated. Utorrent is very nice.. never had any problems, and I'm currently using the latest beta.

millerboy

thanks for response,

I have never used utorrent until 5-6 weeks ago, I have always used limewire. The speeds I'm getting from utorrent range from 150 - 350kbs which is astonishing compared to LW.

Port forwarding - not sure what you mean, have checked all the settings with the ports automatically detected.

I tried going into task manager and shutting down some of the programs to see if any were conflicting with utorrent but guess what - didn't work.

I don't want to give utorrent the boot as i don't get that kind of speed anywhere else I just need to sort this out - it's driving me insane.

It's got to the point where I cant use the pc if I'm d/l because I might lose what i'm working on when it crashes.

Fable - oops wrong section, what section should this be in ??

Last edited:

mhl12

azureus and utorrent are the exact opposite. Azureus is open source and has a ton of customization but is bloated. Utorrent is extremely simple and uses almost no system resources.

Zach

I prefer Azureus myself, as uTorrent for some reason kills our Internet here. It has happened both on my PC and my brothers PC.