CPS3 for MAME?

desiree

Are working on breaking it at least!! I mean the day that some1 cracks through the codes and makes it playable on so that all the SFIII Third strike players can play online will be known as a god amongst people!

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
No one is working on that ATM. They are almost done breaking the CPS2 encryption (yes, it was emulated long ago, but not really decrypted) and there is a chance they will move on to CPS3.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
From what I understand Lazerdisk is highest priority at Mame at moment. So I dont think Cps3 emulation is in immediate Mame future.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
MAME consists of various devs. AFAIK Aaron Giles is busy with LaserDisc, while some others are busy with CPS2 and hopefully CPS3 in the future.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I know there is a whole bunch of Mame devs, Aaron being the head one. But with Cps 3 only supporting 7 (or was it less?) games (of witch 3 is street fighter titles) it cant be that a desirable platfom to work with.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
There are six games for CPS3. Andreas Naive said in one of his comments on Nicola's page that he 'perhaps' was interested in looking at CPS3.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Great to hear that. Maby if they start working on it now, they can get it to work before 2010. Took 5 years for cps2...

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Took 5 years for cps2...

That is also because CPS2 was already into MAME by using a 'wrong' method. I don't think devs want to spend years on the same system.
I just hope that they put their heads together, as they did with CPS2 :)

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
By wrong method you mean XOR's... Well it mite have been wrong but I think it was very effective, maby just not so much in the long term...

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
By wrong method you mean XOR's... Well it mite have been wrong but I think it was very effective, maby just not so much in the long term...

They were very effective, but the MAME team doesn't care about this. They only want real emulation and not a 'hacked solution', like the XORs.
That's why they now want to truly break the encryption.