TMNT or Simpsons won't load on mame v.0111

playmazter76

The Retro Kid
I just downloaded mame v0.111 and I downloaded tmnt and the simpsons, not 2 mention aliens and robocop when it loads it gives me a list of files missing do i need something extra like a bios and where does this bios go or is it a case of outdated files. any help is greatly appreciated cuz i really wanna play these games or post a site that has these updated roms again i would truly be so greatful.

playmazter76

The Retro Kid
The roms have only 3 files its missing several and where in the site listed above do i click on 2 look 4 the missing data. please help!!:(

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Most titles within Mame have several variant file 'sets'.
Any given titles will have a Parent set (which contains all the core files for that game) and any number of clones.
Clones on their own will not run without the parent set being present in your rom folder as they only contain information relating to the differences between the parent set and that particular version (usually a regional difference i.e. Asia, Europe, US etc).

If mame is reporting missing files then there are a couple of possible reasons.
The first as detailed above is that you only have clone sets without the correct and corresponding parent.

The other is that the files you have do not correspond to the version of Mame you are running and need to be repaired/updated to run with that version.
The easiest way to check this is with a Rom manager like Clrmamepro (google is your friend).

Hope that helps.

Note to mods: First post here so apologies if the above breaks any rules. I have read the site rules and hope that in line with other forums of this type only discussion of downloading/locating roms is prohibited and not discussion of roms themselves and how to administrate them within an emulator.

Hi BTW :eek: