USB controller issue with Fusion

Topogigo

I got this controller, when I test and callibrate it works fine. It also works fine with other applications. but with the Fusion emulator the only directional pad that works is the right stick. Any thoughts?
eBayISAPI.dll

manley80

I'm having the same problem. I just purchased an analog controller. When testing it, it works fine, but does not respond with Fusion. Help!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not sure about the USB version but I use ordinary Dual Shocks with a USB pad converter and they work fine with Fusion. Unless its an unsupported driver issue it seems strange that your pad will only register certain inputs. Try deleting the Fusion.ini and configure your pad again from there.
Probably a no brainer but i the Fusion Pad Config menu, make sure you have selected the correct Pad where it says 'Use' next to 'Port 1 - 6 button pad' make sure your pad is selected in that field.

Also which version of Fusion are you using?.

TwistedWhizz

Odd this. I've just done a disc full of Megadrive stuff, with the latest Fusion, for a mate and he's complaining of the same thing. He says it calibrates fine, but when he goes to play his fave (Streets of Rage), the characters legs move but he doesn't go anywhere! With the keyboard he says it's fine. He's only got a PC digital pad, like a SNES one, with no analogue control, but I reckon it should still work.

I myself use two different dual analogue PC pads and they're both fine in all mu emu's, so I couldn't help him out. If anyone has a solution I would be most grateful of the opportunity to pass on the wisdom to my mate.

jamesfinch

I also have the same issue... I have a Playstation2-style vibrating controller: Fusion3.51 does not recognise inputs from the left-hand digital pad or analog stick.

All controller functionality appears fine in the XP/Control Panel/Game Controllers.

Has there been any movement on the subject since the last comment?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I use a PS2 controller through the Rockfire USB adapter. I got that problem previous but found out that if I configured the controller in analog mode and then accidently put it in digital mode I coldn't move in the game. Don't know if your PC pads has a button to switch modes, but you could check on that.

jamesfinch

This controller does have an analog switch - I have tried in both modes.

One thing I did notice, however, was XP Control Panel displayed input from the left joypad panel not as a button press, but as a joystick movement (X=255, Y=127 for right; X=127, Y=255 for down etc).
The right analog stick (when in digital mode) registed these motions as button presses.

Could this be the reason why I cannot define the left hand side of the controller? If this be the case, could anyone suggest a solution (that doesn't require more hardware!).

Thanks,
James

---------------------

UPDATE: Whilst the above still applies, I got lazy and obtained another piece of software from http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ This application allows you to map joystick/gamepad input to Windows keyboard and mouse inputs.

I'm still interested in resolving the issue without the use of the 3rd party software... :)

Last edited: