Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAME32 Can I use a PC Controller?

Unhappy MAME32 Can I use a PC Controller?

Hello,

I am pretty sure this question has been asked before… Is there any way to get a pc game controller to work with MAME32? I recently started using mame32 and playing my butt off on my laptop but I am a little worried about the constant mashing on the laptops keyboard , so I pulled out an old Gravis exterminator Pc controller with usb port and have been trying to figure out a way to get it to work with mame. If anyone has the answer to my question or have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance

Regards,

Default Re: MAME32 Can I use a PC Controller?

Hello Belleaux how to get your control pad to work, which version of Mame32 ?
    options, default game options, controllers, enable joystick input.tick,then OK.

Enable joystick input : This setting tells Mame32 to utilize any currently connected joysticks. Mame32 will interrogate the game controllers control panel and use ID#1 and up.

Unhappy Re: MAME32 Can I use a PC Controller?

Hello Again,

Thank you for the help Thunderstrike! I got my old pc controller working ok but now when I open mame and press the D pad or the analog stick it just keeps scrolling upward through the game list , I am not sure what has gone wrong at this point I think I will go ahead and toss this controller and maybe try and purchase a new one and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,
    Last edited by Belleaux; December 29th, 2006 at 10:39.

Find out the name of your control pad then go to the site of that control pads to find a updated version.

http://www.gravis.com/html/sup_1037.html

Uninstall the old driver then restart computer, then install the new one.
    Last edited by ThunderStrike; December 30th, 2006 at 04:14.

Thanks Thunderstrike,

I got it working, I had to uninstall the gravis program software and then I was able to go into the control panel, game controllers, and then to properties and re calibrate the controller, for some reason when I had any gravis software on my PC it would never open the game controllers properties for me .

Now all I need to figure out is how to get the lightgun to move in more then one direction besides up and down,
    and if there is a way that I can change the controls for players 1 through 4 without having to go in and manually do them one by one,
    and search for more compatible roms for mame32…. So much to do.

Regards

I just Plugged in a USB Controller and it worked straight away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave The Man View Post
    I just Plugged in a USB Controller and it worked straight away!
    Good to hear
    AFAIK all controllers that show up and work in the Windows control panel should also work with MAME32.

Quote Originally Posted by Belleaux View Post
    Hello Again,

Thank you for the help Thunderstrike! I got my old pc audacity temp mail origin controller working ok but now when I open mame and press the D pad or the analog stick it just keeps scrolling upward through the game list , I am not sure what has gone wrong at this point I think I will go ahead and toss this controller and maybe try and purchase a new one and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,
    Is there any way to get a pc game controller to work with MAME32? I recently started using mame32 and playing my butt off on my laptop but I am a little worried about the constant mashing on the laptops keyboard
    Last edited by GASIYAT; September 21st, 2019 at 23:17.

Blog Entries

Yes you can, just plug the controller in and it will mostly work. If you wish to customize it though it will be a bit complex the first time.

I highly suggest you look for a video guide if you want to do that.

Thread Information