Crash Team racing (Ps1) loading error! HELP!

rajsdad

Hi, my playstation 1 has been broken for ages and so have started using emulation 2 play my games. Crash Team Racing loads perfectly until just before the race starts, where it freezes just before the race and gives an error saying "Opcode 1a UNK ...................." I have read other forums which have not been much help. The following link shows another person with the same problem but they didnt publish how they fixed it although he mentioned he did.

http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=3276

Ive heard forums say you need to enable the SPU IRQ hack under th sound config but i have no problems with my sound and i am unsure on how 2 access this menu while in game. Enabling this menu will automaticcaly disable once a game is entered and i dont believe this causes the error.

To make Clear, i am using Epsxe with the following plugins
Video: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17
Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
CD-ROM: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

Please help in anyway as i would love to play this game once again :bow:

Last edited:

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
One, could be you need a patch.
Two, If your using Pec codes.
Three, Make an ISO of the game (ISOs run better then cds).

I had the same problem months ago, forgot how to fix it like :confused:

rajsdad

Thanks for the help.
Your idea of using a patch turned out 2 be correct and this was easily found on the ngemu.com website.
:)

Death_Pigeon

Boom Headshot
Thanks A Billion:p But i Dont know how to use the patches i put it in its folder but it still crashes just before loding the race.

Last edited:

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Use this plugin:

P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4.

Then click on Config and go onto Use PPF patch file, choose the file you got from Ngemu, then click ok.

Last edited:

Death_Pigeon

Boom Headshot
I did what you said it still crashes b4 race starts should i still go File Run Iso or should i try some other way because when i go File Run CD-Rom it says Epsxe has a problem and has to close and thoise messages that you can send a message to microsoft. Am i doing anything wrong??