PJ64 Direct64 Plugins Issues

Hi, everyone. As the title of this thread states, I'm having issues with the Direct64 plugin. When I attempt to use it with PJ64, it message appears that says, "Error creating Direc3D device!" Notice it is not Direct3D, but I doubt that is a part of the problem. I Googled the problem, and it appears other people getting the same problem did not have graphics cards that supported Pixel Shading. I am using onboard graphics (Yuck...) from Intel. It is the 82915G Express Chipset Family. I checked to see if it supported pixel shading, and according to http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-014257.htm, it does. Do I just need to update my drivers, or is there another problem at hand?

M&P

BTW, I am using Direct64 version 0.5.03.25, if that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Butters. However, I am using DirectX 9. Do I have to have to use eight? Or should nine work? I don't see why it wouldn't...:confused:

Jale

What I meant is the hardware's DirectX level, not the software you install. Pixel shader is available from DirectX 8.0 and later and your onboard graphics is probably DirectX 6 or 7. However, you can still use Project64 with DirectX 6 using Jabo's Direct3D 6.

The only way you can upgrade your hardware's DirectX level is buying a video card. I recommend DirectX 9 cards, because DirectX 10 cards are VERY expensive and it's for Windows Vista only.

Last edited:
Well, I can use Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.6 just fine, without any issues.:confused:

Oh, and by the way, I found something on Intel's site that said my card is completely capable of using DirectX 9, as well as earlier versions. I don't know if that helps or not, but I thought I'd let you know.

Jale

Then stick with Direct3D 8.

If your card supports pixel/vertex shader then it's a DirectX 8. Still, onboard cards don't provide good graphics and performance.