had mame now it won't work

Evil Intent

i had the latest MAME a friend of mine came over and played. now it will say the game is working when i click it but it won't pop up in a window or at all. i deleted all my games and that MAME and got a new one but it didn't work. it did the same thing. all my other emus work (winkawaks, mugen, nes, genesis, snes).

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Yes... Try useing a old Mame... Anything before 0.106. They redid the dispiay core in 0.107 and the cps2 core in 0.111. And doent ask me why... I really dont know

Robert

Or you try deleting all the ini's and cfg's in the ini,cfg and mame folders.
Mame 0.111 is fine, except for cps2 games use kawaks.

Evil Intent

i had v.90 something when it happened and i haven't got it to work since. i deleted the whole mame and downloaded new ones to no avail.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Ok somewhere in 0.9x they updated the neogeo bios... So if its just neogeo games, make sure you have latest neogeo.zip (think its 256 kb)

Evil Intent

yep got that
the problem came after my friend played i asked him what did he do, but he didn't know what he did
when i click my icon on the desktop the mame starts when i click to start a game at the bottom of the mame it says working but the game never comes up
i have downloaded every version of mame from 80 to the current one and none of them will work
i have turned off my pop-up blocker, got new and old mames, deleted and updated roms
nothing works the mame starts but the game won't start HEEEEELP!!!