Hi, new.... um.... am i SOL?

RenegadePogo

Hey im pretty new here and i just got a psp (!). Yeah it was a core system so i got no game, mem stick or anything. I used to be into the dreamcast emulation thing and eventually i was pretty successful with that. Anyway, onto my question, i heard somewhere that if you have a version 2.71 and behind the UMD slot on the back on the right hand side it has lettering u cant use any homebrew and you cant downgrade. I was just wondering if i basically had to ask the nice people who gave me this for a recipt so i culd run around to pawn shops to try and find a good ol used psp.

thnx

EDIT: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Your psp cant be downgraded below 2.5. If you want to run homebrew you could try something called HEN-D, which allows you to run some homebrew.

I suggest you try to get a PSP that doesnt have the "IC1003" behind the UMD. Go for an older PSP that isnt running firmware higher than 2.80.

This would give you the freedom to upgrade and downgrade to any firmware between 1.00 and 2.71 (A 2.80 downgrader is being made) You can then run all homebrew that has been created, Emulate firmwares with DevHook. Run custom firmware such as 3.02 OE-B which allows you to run all homebrew create for 1.5 aswell as play all UMD games that have been released, and even convert PS1 games for playing on the PSP without needed to own a PS3 and download the games from sony at a cost.

RenegadePogo

lmao. thanks. i was rlly hoping you wouldnt say that. but thats ok, ill probably end up just buying another psp. I was just about to ask this too, but would it make a difference if i wanted to upload movies to watch on my memory stick too?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can watch movies on your psp only if they are in the correct format. PSP Video 9 can convert from most videos files so that will work on the PSP.