HELP WITH NES USB CONTROLLER

coachella1

i hope someone can help me out.

i think i'm really retarded but i have no idea how to make my controller work. I downloaded nestopia and was playing with my keyboard and got tired of using the keyboard so i went searching for a joystick. Luckily i found my old NES controller in my closet and through Retrozone, ordered a usb adapter for it. So now that i've got it, i plugged the controller into the adapter, and then plugged the adapter into the usb port. But NOTHING. i went to preferences and clicked "joystick" but i look at the everything and click on stuff but nothing works. [SIDENOTE: When you plug something into a USB port shouldnt a window pop up saying something like "new hardware found?" I know thats what it used to do on my PC but now i have a Mac that i'm still getting used to so i dont know how the usb ports may work] And yes i bought the emulator enhancer from that Richard Bannister site..

I run the Nestopia emulator on my mac book, which has OS X.
If anyone can help me out, it would be GREATLY appreciated...

-Clueless,
Coachella1

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
yep
I window should of poped up saying new hardware installed or found. also make sure that there is not something wrong with the adapter or your old remote

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If it has a disc, use the disc BEFORE you plug the adapter in your PC. Sometimes Windows starts nagging when you do it the other way around.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That post was in 06... really you dug that up? And uh yeah we know about usb adapters, that is nothing new.

theinsidejoke

I did the exact same thing you did and i use the same emulator (love it). SET UP: you have to go under options (in the top bar), then to input, and select a controller that has the buttons of the nes controller (left, up, right, down, select, start, a, b) i believe its called PACHINKO. then, you have to go to the 3rd column (mapping column) and click the first setting in line with
. then, down to the "set" option. once you click it, in the box it will say something like select joystick button and then a countdown. In layman's terms, it means that when you click on "set" you have 5 seconds to press the button on the nes usb controller. SO, when you have selected the mapping column that goes along with the "left" in the "key" section and clicked "set" at the bottom, press the left on the nes controller and it will set to (joy-0) -x. after this is done, it will move to the one below and continue to do this with all of the keys. Once this is ALL complete, press ok and go to machine in the top bar and go to input.then go to expansion port and click pachinko. You are now good to go.

p.s. 2 player does not work with these settings, i do not know why. if you need any more help just email me

Hope this Helped​