2007 - Dreamcast Is Still Alive... In Japan -_- u

Jale

New Dreamcast Game Announced
Japan won't let the dream go.
by Anoop Gantayat

November 28, 2006 - The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death at the hands of the evil PlayStation 2 some three years back, but there's still some signs of life left in the first last generation console. A popular arcade site reports today that Japanese publisher Warashi will be porting its arcade shooter Trigger Heart Exelica to the system.

Trigger Heart is a vertical scrolling shooter that makes use of a three button system, one button for shooting, one for releasing a bomb, and one for using an "anchor shot." The anchor shot allows you to capture enemies in the air and lock on to enemies on the ground. When you've captured an enemy, you enter "capture mode," and can move it around and release it as a special type of bomb.

This presumably final Dreamcast game will hit Japanese retail on 2/22/2007, eight years and three months after the system was first released to Japan.
Looks like it will be released only in Japan... for now.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
What is the point????????

Dreamcasts was owned by the Ps2 and Xbox, so now there is a Ps3 and a Xbox 360, why would you waste your time building a dreamcast game, i actually don't know anyone who has a dreamcast lol

montpics

But people still loves Dreamcast and always think that Dreamcast is better than other rivals. A bit ashamed that Dreamcast 'died' in a sudden. This kind of news should be great for any DC gamers. :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Dreamcast is still the king of 32 bit systems and it will be forever. That's a thing SEGA should be proud of.In fact lately i download two DC ISOS which were IKARUGA and DEATH CRIMSON OX both shooter but i am amazed at the graphics this system is capable of thinking that it's only a 32 bit system.I just ordered one with modchip a few minutes ago.Wow it has even a awesome CASTLEVANIA RESURRECTION some fantastic racing game for a really low price. It makes me wonder if SEGA makes some money and invent a SEGA system to beat the PS3 and other alike PS3 computers.

Butters you are damned right man the DREAM will never go away.
That's my modest opinion.

Jale

Yeah...

Umm... Dreamcast is 128 bits, not 32 bits. In fact, it was the first 128 bits machine before the GameCube and PlayStation 2, but yet it's the weakest system of all 128 bits consoles.

Last edited: