CPS3 question

ramzak

im lookin around and people seem to have said that cps3 is neer imposible to emulate. could somone explain why cps3 is sooooo complicated to emulate? i mean common they ogt the roms but no emulator

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Go ask this question at the mame forums, im sure theyl be more than happy to answer your question.

montpics

im lookin around and people seem to have said that cps3 is neer imposible to emulate. could somone explain why cps3 is sooooo complicated to emulate? i mean common they ogt the roms but no emulator
Actually almost....... as the developers lost interest emulating CPS3 games while CPS3 board is almost hacked AFAIK. Furthermore there is a few titles that using CPS3 board. :rolleyes:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The data is encrypted, so it takes a lot of time to emulate it. Also, as Monty said, there are just a few games on it, so that makes it not very attractive to work on.

ramzak

yeah i agree the only attrative games out for CP3 is RED EARTH,STREET FIGHTER 3

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I checked. Mame 0.109 has support for 7 cps3 games, and 1 of them is a alt set. So actually just 6 games. Anybody know why theres so little?

omer

Neo Geo
From wikipedia:

The CPS-3 was not a particularly successful system, and only six games in total were produced for it. Arcade operators were particularly displeased with the system board's fragility; the CPS-3 did not stand up well to mechanical or electrical shock. Also, the game became unplayable when the battery inside the security cartridge died, which had to be replaced at cost to the owner. Furthermore, the CPS-3 was only capable of 2D graphics at a time when most games were being developed with 3D hardware in mind. The cost of the system was greater than that of other arcade system boards, and it is rumored that programming for the CPS-3 was rather difficult as well.

MCP

Banned
:( Not enough games to still take and make time for CPS3 emulation.:eek:

MCP MCP MCP MCP MCP MCP MCP...