Project 64 and Paper Mario

Ulitma0001

For all of those who have played Paper Mario, you know during a battle when you press the A button right berfore striking an opponent, it does like extra dmg or like a double bouce and things like. Does Porject 64 emulate this? I tryed many times to do this, Or is it a badge that you get that lets you do this?

montpics

For all of those who have played Paper Mario, you know during a battle when you press the A button right berfore striking an opponent, it does like extra dmg or like a double bouce and things like. Does Porject 64 emulate this? I tryed many times to do this, Or is it a badge that you get that lets you do this?
Yes, you need to let Mario wear badges that will give some abilities like the ones you'd mention.

Happy hunting for badges! GameFAQs will help your problems if you miss something important. :)

Campylobacter

I know exactly what you mean Ulitma0001, and I am afraid the other posters are a little off. If you press the appropriate button just before being hit, then you will take less/no damage. Likewise, if you press the appropriate button just before your attack lands, then you will add additional damage to your attack. The answer is a resounding YES, I have played through this game twice now (via emulation) and Project 64 definately carries this over (at least with the default plugins etc). Hope this helps.

Campy

justhere

I have been playing Paper Mario on PJ64, and action command works just as it does on the actual N64...that is, it works AFTER Twink finds you for the first time and gives you that item whose name I can't remember, but on the "key items" screen, it looks like a star on a necklace. Before this point, though, the action command doesn't work, but that's how the game is; it has nothing to do with Project 64.