Soul Calibur

Jale

For what system? The only one that runs well (if not decently) is Chankast (Dreamcast emulator).

SpiDoL

No. I've already tried that and the game suffers from horrible graphic glitches.

I said for ANY system BTW.

Jale

Well, GameCube emulators aren't good at this point. Also, if you don't have a good video card, graphics will never look good.

omer

Neo Geo
But you can play Soul Edge/Blade with Zinc or a playstation emulator.

Jale

If those are for PlayStation 1, then you can play them. If those are for PlayStation 2, you can't.

omer

Neo Geo
Soul Edge/Blade is for playstation, Soul Calibur is for dreamcast, Soul Calibur 2 is for PS2, Xbox and gamecube and Soul Calibur 3 is for Ps2.

SpiDoL

All right, I'll download it when I get the chance. BTW, I have a Nvidia GeForce 6600 or something like that, so the graphics should be top-notch.

What really makes me mad about the emulator community is that people are always spending time making new versions and updating the 8-bit emulators and always putting the 64 and 128-bit systems on hold. There's only one good Dreamcast emulator that hasn't been updated in a year, while there's 80 8-bit Nintendo emulators, most of them perfect. It's time to shift the balance...

naes

It's time to shift the balance...
No, it's not. More people emulate with NES and SNES because 1) the games run better, 2) the hardware and software is obsolete, which makes a a bit more legal, 3) not all computers can handle Dreamcast, PS2, GC and Xbox emulation and 4) most people believe that NES and SNES were the golden age of gaming, when everything was fun and original.

SpiDoL

That's still no reason not to finish the new emulators. My computer CAN support the Dreamcast emulators, so you could at least finish those. And it might possibly support PCSX2, but it's so beta and prototype I can't even tell. SO QUIT WORKING ON THOSE GODDAMN 8-BIT EMULATORS AND START FINISHING THE NEXT-GEN ONES!

Jale

No, it's not. More people emulate with NES and SNES because 1) the games run better, 2) the hardware and software is obsolete, which makes a a bit more legal, 3) not all computers can handle Dreamcast, PS2, GC and Xbox emulation and 4) most people believe that NES and SNES were the golden age of gaming, when everything was fun and original.
  1. Yes.
  2. Err... no. Since emulators are not illegal at the moment it doesn't mean they're legal.
  3. Not even Dreamcast can be 100% playable for some games, but it's quite decent nowadays. For GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox they won't run commercial games at this moment. The only game that runs 100% on a Xbox emulator is Turok 4.
  4. Totally agree with this one.

SpiDol said:
That's still no reason not to finish the new emulators. My computer CAN support the Dreamcast emulators, so you could at least finish those. And it might possibly support PCSX2, but it's so beta and prototype I can't even tell. SO QUIT WORKING ON THOSE GODDAMN 8-BIT EMULATORS AND START FINISHING THE NEXT-GEN ONES!
It's not that they're not developing current gen emulators, of course they do. You must keep in mind that an emulator cannot be developed so easily. Meanwhile:

• Buy the current-gen console.
  • Wait a couple of years until they're playable.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
SO QUIT WORKING ON THOSE GODDAMN 8-BIT EMULATORS AND START FINISHING THE NEXT-GEN ONES!

Did it ever occur to you that people are devoting their free time to make these free emulators for you? Don't you think they can decide for themselves what they want to emulate or not? Most of them aren't doing it for work, but as a hobby and a free gift to the emulation community.
So please stop your whining and don't be so ungrateful...

montpics

Then you better should post this one on the other forum where most developers are around, not here. (Since I hardly see any one around....)

Flamewars? Sorry, no. I still don't prefer flamewars if is more personal. (or otherwise) :cool:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You enjoy flamewars, don't you?

As a matter of fact, I don't. I'm a smod at another emulation forum and I always try to stay polite to all forum members. The only thing I hate is when people are ungrateful. I gave good arguments in my post why I think you don't have a right to complain. It was definitely NOT meant as a flame.