N00b needs help with NDS emulation

Xeult

So, I dled the new super Mario bros, game for NDS. Then I dled a couple emus for NDS. My prob is that I can't mange to play the game, bcuz the emus are acting weird (keep in mind I'm a n00b). NDeSmuME gives me this message when I load (or excecute): "Could not erase data. Turn the power off and reinsert the game card." I don't know what to do with it:msn_shy: I tryed Dualis emu too, but when I load the file The "screen of the prog" turns white, it says it's running and instead of the regular mouse arrow I get a pencil (wich I consider that the game is running and I just have to choose something, but the screen is white). I also have some plugins, but I don't hva a clue what to do with 'em :eek: . This brings me to my question. Can someone make a detailed tut on what to do? Like step for step or something :-/ I've also did a quick search b4 making this thread, but it seems the opininons are split, some say there's none working NDS emus, but some are disagreed, I'm a confused n00b, in need of help...PLZ Help!!!:bow:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
The NDS emulators that are available have a very low compatibility. I don't think any NDS emu can handle New Super Mario Bros yet.

naes

Buy the game for DS, it's well worth it. I only DL ROMs of old games, not newer ones. Besides, NDS emulators will never be good.

Xeult

buy the game? It's not like I would be able to run the game without a NDS:confused: And any1 know wich mario games one can run on DS emulators? :D And I'm pretty sure that one day there will be good enough emulators, but It'll prob take years;)

Last edited:

montpics

I rather suggest that you should try to play some older titles from other consoles such as NES, SNES, Genesis and more as the game is as good as the recent NDS titles. :)

If you keep waiting NDS emulator to work, then wait for a long period of time then...... :cool:

Xeult

yeah, I think I'll try some games from N64, like Mario Kart, Pokemon etc ;)
Any1 know if any emulator's able to run 'em?:happy:
EDIT: Oh, and I've tryed the ZNES emulators, much fun, much fun, indeed. :D

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Well, I think it'll be a pain for the people working on the emulators to emulate the touch screen.

Emulating the touch screen isn't such a big problem. I once heard that getting the two ARM processors to run in perfect sync was one of the problems. Perhaps this has been resolved already, so don't blame me if I'm wrong :p