Burning games to discs??

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya, I would really like to burn game data to a disc so that I can clear some image files off my hard drive to save A LOT of space for more games, but I don't know how. I know I can download Nero 7 and some other software, but I can't even burn Mp3 files on my computer, my friend said to me I should be able to do that without downloading software or buying hardware (CD Burner). I'm sure I need to buy a CD Burner or something, or is it because my machine just doesn't have an inbuilt burner and newer computers do?:happy: ;)

Thanks

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Yeah I heard of this one, thanks, I'm gonna download the trial version when I get some blank disks. Cool :D

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Cool thanks looks good, but I can't seem to do anything, it says 'No Writers detected' I think my computer is missing something, I don't understand it???:confused:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Yeah I can rip audio files from CD's so I thought I could burn audio files etc but I just can't, maybe I need to buy a CD Burner, what do you think, my friend said he didn't have to buy one and his computer just does it???:confused:

Jale

Anyway, CD burners are really cheap right now, but you might consider getting a DVD burner instead. It can burn both CD and DVD. DVD burners are cheap too, way cheaper than a video card.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Just check what it says on the front of your CD-drive. If it says CD-R or CD-RW it can burn CDs.

It just says 'DVD-Rom', none of what you said, I obviously can't have an inbuilt one!:mad: Oh well I'll just have to download something or just buy one... it's really annoying though. Thanks

mhl12

..you need a dvd burner to burn dvd ISOs. That's just what Butters said.

naes

It just says 'DVD-Rom', none of what you said, I obviously can't have an inbuilt one!:mad: Oh well I'll just have to download something or just buy one... it's really annoying though. Thanks
You can't download something to burn CDs. You need the right hardware.

Jale

It just says "DVD-R" or "DVD-ROM", so it's only for reading and not burning. To get a DVD burner go to a computer store or get it from eBay. Currently, they're cheap.

Take a look at my DVD burner so you can identify one easier.