Help with pec for PSXeven.

St. Jimmy

I have read a guide on how to use pec for PSXeven, but when I get to the step of selecting it as your GPU plugin, I either cannot or I am lost and am doing it wrong. I click on one of the two plugins it lists having, then click the select device button, but pec doesn't appear as an option. Or, like I stated, I am doing this wrong in the first place. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mhl12

i'm not sure if PEC works for psx even. But it definitely works for epsxe. Try that instead.

montpics

i'm not sure if PEC works for psx even. But it definitely works for epsxe. Try that instead.
Tested with PSXeven regarding pec and it worked. :cool:

To make it work, you have to select psx emulation cheater (from graphic plugin) and click on 'Configure'. It will show another box which will let you select your graphic plugins.

Remember that, as any Pete's GPU or P.E.Op.S GPU plugins ONLY support pec. You have to open PEC utility and activate cheats that you wanted before you start the game.

Good luck! :)

WaterDragoon

Hello,

I have been getting an emulator and viewing the boards for a few days now.
I downloaded the newest ver. of ePSXe 1.9

It is self contained and i don't need any plugins. However i have also dled the [pec] program and i cannot see how to get it to work. The emu doesn't have a spot for video plugins in the config.

I am thinking that i may have some files in the wrong location. I.E. [pec].exe in the same folder as the emu .exe

Of course it is also possible i am just to new to figure this stuff out.

Any ideas my friends?

montpics

Hello,

I have been getting an emulator and viewing the boards for a few days now.
I downloaded the newest ver. of ePSXe 1.9

It is self contained and i don't need any plugins. However i have also dled the [pec] program and i cannot see how to get it to work. The emu doesn't have a spot for video plugins in the config.

I am thinking that i may have some files in the wrong location. I.E. [pec].exe in the same folder as the emu .exe

Of course it is also possible i am just to new to figure this stuff out.

Any ideas my friends?
Unfortunately, you had downloaded a wrong one in which that is pSX 1.9. Plus, [pec] doesn't support it.

The actual one you're looking for is here.
>CLICK HERE!<

WaterDragoon

Wow thanks so much for that.... i never new it was compatible.

Well i have downloaded the one your recommended. i have the plugins and such.

So, where should i locate the [pec] exe and other associated files? do they go in plugins?

WaterDragoon

Cool. thanks again. I just implenmented the changes. I get an error though.
No WGL. does this mean i should DL the other Pete plugin?

montpics

That's because your graphic card can't support WGL extension in which most member had difficulties regarding Pete's OpenGL2 issues. (You need a better graphic card for it.) You have no other choice but to try on either P.E.Op.S GPU plugin or Pete's OpenGL. :)

WaterDragoon

yeah i figured that out. It stange that 1.9 ran so smoothly and this doesn't.

Anyway, my sound is choppy at best with the eternal plug in

The [pec] works but for some reason when i tried to play this morning the keyboard doesn't function. i went to the config and went to pads buti can't find a place to activate the keyboard. this was another thing that juts seemed to work on 1.9.

I really appreciate all the help in this.

montpics

The [pec] works but for some reason when i tried to play this morning the keyboard doesn't function. i went to the config and went to pads buti can't find a place to activate the keyboard. this was another thing that juts seemed to work on 1.9.
A bug on ePSXe? Can't figure a better solution though..... :confused:

How about ePSXe alone without activating [pec]? Is it the same as before?

Last edited:

WaterDragoon

I ran it without [pec] and i can get it to do something. the keys are different then they were for 1.9. also i am not sure where the screen is that shows me what keyboard keys do what in the game. I thought it was game pads but the doesn't appear to be so.

THe game, Final Fantasy Tactics is running extremely fast. This could be part of the problem. Grrrr! if i could just get the keyboard working i would be set.

On a side note, 1.9 had a bar in the emulator when it was running and i could go to file and exit the emu. 1.6 doesn't appear to have this and i have to hit ESC.

(so close, yet so far.... LOL )

montpics

One last question that was not answered in either topic. Is the keyboard pad1 or pad2?
Weird/funny question you ask......

Simple said is that if you want to play the game with a keyboard, set pad1 and configure it on your keyboard. :eek:

Remember, as
pad1 = Player 1
pad2 = Player 2

as you try to play the game with the actual consoles. You can't simply start the game with just using Player 2's joypad, right? :cool:

WaterDragoon

Well, i got it working after i fixed the frams rate and slowed it down a bit.

one last question, slightly off topic. Will the [pec] take codebreaker codes? It says it's a game shark emulator, however looking at the codes there doesn't seem to be a difference...

montpics

It should be the same (I hope). Unless someone could confirmed it. :)

Action Replay = Gameshark = CodeBreaker?