Help with N64 pls

justice101

Hello,

I have tireid running many n64 games on my pc with many different emulators and none of them work. The game loads fine and looks good until the animations start. It then gets all distorted, blocky and "mixed up" if you will. The sound and everything else works great. Its just the video. Could this be my current video settings?
Please help. I want to play.

mhl12

what are your computer specs?

some games require at a least a decent graphics card. What games are you trying to play?

iceblood

mh|12 is right it seems your PC is too slow try the new releases of the soft you did install or just upgrade ur machine:p

justice101

I dont know what you mean by which plugins Im using, can you elaborate? Can you tell me various problems that would cause this?
Ive tried deadalus, projekt64, 1964, etc. on such games as mario party 3 ,donkeykong, mariokart. They all have the same choppiness as soon as animations begin.

thunder_184

The Punisher
For me its juste Project 64. I can'T seem to figuer out how to Download Games for it???:confused:

mhl12

I dont know what you mean by which plugins Im using, can you elaborate? Can you tell me various problems that would cause this?
Ive tried deadalus, projekt64, 1964, etc. on such games as mario party 3 ,donkeykong, mariokart. They all have the same choppiness as soon as animations begin.

when you go configure your emulator, there should be a menu to select plugins for video, sound, etc..

For me its juste Project 64. I can'T seem to figuer out how to Download Games for it???:confused:

read the rules. we cant provide ROMs or ISOs here since it's illegal to do so.

thunder_184

The Punisher
I am REALLY sorry about this, it mite be a stupide question and EVERY singell sing u what to call it, but whats ROM and ISO (I am only 13 gimme a break)

mhl12

Basically ROMs and ISOs are game files. We cannot provide them for you here since they are copyrighted and therefore illegal to download. You have to find them yourself or rip them from your cd/catrige.

As for your signature request, I have no idea what your talking about. But i can tell you this:
1. most linux distributions are FREE to download
2. you CANNOT upgrade to linux. You have to do a clean install on your harddrive.

RushyDaRabbit

It sounds like you are using the plugins that came with your emulators. You're going to have to pound the pavement (google the net) to find some plugins to add to your emulators.

I would suggest sticking with Project 64 and finding some good plugins for it.

Google "N64 plugins" then find a good one. The newest Rice plugin for example. Then read up on how to configure your emulator for the best video results.

All the answers you're looking for are out there and usually easy to find. Some sites also have visual help through images.

thunder_184

The Punisher
Basically ROMs and ISOs are game files. We cannot provide them for you here since they are copyrighted and therefore illegal to download. You have to find them yourself or rip them from your cd/catrige.

As for your signature request, I have no idea what your talking about. But i can tell you this:
1. most linux distributions are FREE to download
2. you CANNOT upgrade to linux. You have to do a clean install on your harddrive.

Well. the problem is that every Download I get for Linux are Upgrads or juste Info and I can't find a good site

and anyways I can't instal it because, I am force to keep window for the rest of the computer, but I don't have enough GB:dry:

by the way I know its out of subject, so if you are still interestend in contunuing this converation, go on the Linux Forum

thunder_184

The Punisher
It sounds like you are using the plugins that came with your emulators. You're going to have to pound the pavement (google the net) to find some plugins to add to your emulators.

I would suggest sticking with Project 64 and finding some good plugins for it.

Google "N64 plugins" then find a good one. The newest Rice plugin for example. Then read up on how to configure your emulator for the best video results.

All the answers you're looking for are out there and usually easy to find. Some sites also have visual help through images.
well, witch oneshould I take (there are so many and I don't know with is the best)

thunder_184

The Punisher
experiment. Test each one and see which works for your comp. It only takes a few minutes.

Wait, what are you talking about now: Linux or Project 64???:confused:

And if your talking about Linux I already told you that my computer dosin't have enough GB
(it's ether WXP or Linux: only 27.9GB:verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

Last edited:

thunder_184

The Punisher
kk, now I have the plugins, etc. But...it lages!!!!:dry:

I downloaded Harvest Moon (don't ask) and eh...It gose so slow and I can only see a little recangel when It accualy plays (but, the intro is fine: without the laging)