Greatest Console Ever

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Me , well i love all of them but on top of all others i would place

1 Nintendo DS (because of innovative ways to play the games , and because i spend 80% of my total time with it)

2 Sony Playstation 2 (because of all the awesome racing games it has and because of Castlevanias too.)

tifashot123

proud owner of a stick
I said the SNES. And why? Because I love platform games :p

i have to agree with butters on this one, although the megadrive/ genesis had a good range of platformers, like the original sonic series

Last edited:

Jay

Sly Little Devil
I suggest you do a little reading on something called the Video Game Crash of 1983

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Before Nintendo came along the market was oversaturated with hideous games on systems like Atari, and the industry imploded. Atari and other consoles promised to bring Arcade games to the home, but they were nothing of the sort. They looked nothing like they did in the Arcades, they had HIDEOUS sounds that were the most annoying thing you could ever think of all rolled into one. Some games were decent, but the majority were crap. Anyone could make a game for an Atari system, crappy shit sat on shelves everywhere, no one was buying anything, and Atari didn't do anything worthwhile or innovative to improve the situation. That's why they went down in flames and survive today, as a name brand only.

Nintendo was the first console to bring Arcade quality gameplay, sound, and graphics into the average consumer household. They single handedly built an empire of an industry that simply would NOT be here today if it were not for their often criticized corporate practices and quality control.

It pains me every time I watch kids post crap about how their Playstation or other 3D console is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and everything else sucks. Not so much because they think that way, but because they don't bother to research the roots of gaming.

Nintendo is video gaming.

PREACH ON, Brother Neco

~!!WhoCares!!~

Rumor Starter...
Well thats a tough one for me..... I should say the...... snes I grew up playing it since I was 3 so that to me is the greatest console ever:)

nathan3553

My opinion may not count, as i'm new to these forums, but I feel like the playstation takes the cake.

Yes i do love my SNES, NES, and XBox360
SNES for games like Mario Allstars, Mario Cart, Mario RPG, DK1,2,3, All great games
NES for being one of the first great consoles to get the world rolling
Xbox360 for it's amazing online capabilities that I've personally never experienced(playing with someone that lives in London in COD3)

but the Playstation was the main console I owned in my early teen years(i think I got it when I was in 6th grade)
Great games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Medal of Honor(both first and underground)
An all around revolutionary system(IMO) using Disc instead of cartridge
I personally have been addicted to MGS and MOH since playstation and have since bought a PS2 just to play Snake Eater and MGS2. I love it.

LastHour

I suggest you do a little reading on something called the Video Game Crash of 1983

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Before Nintendo came along the market was oversaturated with hideous games on systems like Atari, and the industry imploded. Atari and other consoles promised to bring Arcade games to the home, but they were nothing of the sort. They looked nothing like they did in the Arcades, they had HIDEOUS sounds that were the most annoying thing you could ever think of all rolled into one. Some games were decent, but the majority were crap. Anyone could make a game for an Atari system, crappy shit sat on shelves everywhere, no one was buying anything, and Atari didn't do anything worthwhile or innovative to improve the situation. That's why they went down in flames and survive today, as a name brand only.

Nintendo was the first console to bring Arcade quality gameplay, sound, and graphics into the average consumer household. They single handedly built an empire of an industry that simply would NOT be here today if it were not for their often criticized corporate practices and quality control.

It pains me every time I watch kids post crap about how their Playstation or other 3D console is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and everything else sucks. Not so much because they think that way, but because they don't bother to research the roots of gaming.

Nintendo is video gaming.

Gonna have to agree with him, Nintendo did create what Sony's PlayStation and Microsofts's Xbox dominate. Damn, sure am glad I prefer Nintendo to all that other crap('cept my PS2. I need it for my NES entertainment time.) But my favorite, hands down, has to be...

*drumroll*
The Nintendo 64! Why? Because as a kid, it brought me so many good times, like Snowboard Kids, Donkey Kong 64, Ocarina of Time, and my all time favorite: Majora's Mask. God, I love that game. Gotta go boot up PJ64...

Outsider_27

Out5ider
wth

greatest console:

is gota be none other than sony.
although their graphic processor is not as good as xbox,
but i think ps2 graphic is still better than x box

i have own snes, i mus say, the architecturer or whoever who design tht controoler suxs big time, would some1 pls retrench these workers?
their snes controller is no improvement from nes
except the edge of the controller have look more ''round'' in a sense
The direction pad of the nintendo controller felt like giving people plister on our thumb, damn:"how on earth im gona do tht ryu deadly move with such painful experience for the directional pad?
but i think sega mega drive controller is tounds better than nintendo controller.whys, at least sega architecturer knoes wat is called ''grip'' n wat is called ''protruding''.
how can u ever have a button on controller pad tht is not protruding high enough?how u gona play games like double dragon 3 with such unprotruding controllers?
but sega controller is not any better, i remember, i press few buttons rapidly, n the button sink n stuck most of the time.Damn

anyway:
games i like for sega mega: outrun, Street fighter, futal fury, n 1 more game i wanted o tried but never tried:mortal kombat(the graphics actually look quite good on the tv for sega mega)

games i like for snes:Street fighter alpha 2(the last game in my nintendo life b4 proceeding to ps1).also probably the best game in terms of graphic for snes

games i like for ps1:tony hawk pro skater 4 or 3(i spent 7x20 hours on tht game, is damn excting game, thts all i can said)

Outsider_27

Out5ider
o ya,

im really nerd in using the n64 n game cube controller
i couldnt play wrestling games with these controller

but i caN play wrestling game carefreely with ps2 controller

sony rawks

Zach

Usually I'd at least offer a translation and rebuttal... But I don't think it's needed in this case :dry:

WebMaster
I think the greatest Console ever most be PSX! :)

But every day is relasing a new one , It's hard to choice?! :excl:

PhatPlaya

O.G. (Original Gamer)
I never actually owned a N64 i just played on my cousin's one and i owned a PSX and now an Xbox.

But the N64 is my fave console still, just becos i liked Zelda: OOT so much wen i 1st played it plus its got games like GoldenEye and Banjo.

And im hopin to get a good condition 2nd hand one soon :D

datadayne

My favourite console ever would have to be the N64. Because its the systeme that introduced me to video games. I also like the wii. Im having endless times playin twiglight princcess on it.

xplics

It is kind of hard for me to pick just one but if I must pick I will HAVE to go with the SEGA DREAMCAST. That system brought me so much joy weather it was with the excellent games, Emulation aspects, etc. I love the sega dreamcast and feel the day sega announced it's early death was one of the saddest days in gaming history.