Wilderness Survival

caleb

in the pepsi they sell at mcdonalds there is lots of water, take that wit u

Zidane

Social Hazzard
Interesting, i've been researching lately and it is ten days in the desert none the less. And following animals to food isn't a good idea either, they tend to eat poisonous stuff as well. So try the method i was taught. First you find a plant that seems edible, then see if it causes any skin irritation by spreading some on your arm, if nothing try your lips, then try eating some a small portion, if nothing then it should be fine.

All animals should be fine, except maybe in the tropics.

Edea

Originally posted by Zidane@May 5 2004, 11:55 AM
Interesting, i've been researching lately and it is ten days in the desert none the less. And following animals to food isn't a good idea either, they tend to eat poisonous stuff as well. So try the method i was taught. First you find a plant that seems edible, then see if it causes any skin irritation by spreading some on your arm, if nothing try your lips, then try eating some a small portion, if nothing then it should be fine.

All animals should be fine, except maybe in the tropics.
As I said I wasn't sure about the # of days without water, but as for following the animals think about it...if an animal is in its natural habitat it will know what it can eat and what it cannot. It is not going to eat anything that will harm it. A bear is a wonderful example...it will only eat berries and such that it knows is ok.

If you are in the desert and have a canteen (I know..not always the case but) you can actually set that that canteen in the sun to collect water. It will sweat inside.

Zach

And people getting lost in the wilderness with a tarp is common ?

You don't need bowl shaped leaves. You can collect enough leaves, then some loose root, or vine, or other such thing and fashion a bowl out of it.

nesman

in some deserts i heard it gets really cold in the night. because of the lack of moisture to hold heat, much of it gets lost. is this true?

Zach

Man.. That was.... Oh, god that was awesome.

Please wait for me to pick up the shattered pieces of my life

Wow... I mean..

:rolleyes:

bison328

We always live in the city, and seldom go out to see the wilderness...
After all, there is nothing could be called "wilderness..."
Every place has been developed... building everywhere...

But if you think how about me in the wilderness with bare hand?
Well, kill me, and it would be a relief... :(