Amstrad Megadrive Computer

Hunter_Rose

I recently purchased a Amstrad Megadrive Computer for a customer that had its hard drive formated. (It can still play sega genesis games) Now I have a choice (I moved the Tetradrive from its original casing to a better one, made some adjustments and changed the Mother Board, and added better graphics, and sound) but my question is: Should I stick with the V-Dos 5 that I got with it (somehow the Amstrad computer came with the Japanese Tetradrive OS), or should I go with XP.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Should I stick with the V-Dos 5 that I got with it (somehow the Amstrad computer came with the Japanese Tetradrive OS), or should I go with XP.

This will definitely NOT run WinXP. The PC was already severely underpowered for it's time. Just stick to the standard OS.

Hunter_Rose

ok well it is up to speed for most games these days, it has a AMD 64D in it, (I replaced the mother board) about 2gb of RAM, and 500 gb harddrive, with the newest Video and Audio cards.

Zach

So what.. this thing is an upgraded modern PC and still can play Megadrive games or something?

At any rate, uh yeah, that will definitely run XP.

Hunter_Rose

Yeah its basically a riped apart Amstrad PC that was messed around with and changed to make stronger, faster, but it can't play megadrive/pc games at the same time. (you still need to choose between the two, however the difference is that there is two different power buttons. It looks good, sad to say I sold it just yesterday after building it for a nice $1,500 profit, which went to paying off my debts.

Zach

That's pretty neat, I didn't know machines like that existed until I looked it up.. Now I miss my old Commodore 64... :(

Zach

While I'm sure you could, I don't have the money to purchase one if I wanted to, and probably won't for a while.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
C64s are pretty cheap, but for some dumb reason I still don't own one.
I did buy a VIC20 with 10 carts, some tapes and the tape player for 25 Euros. It was complete and boxed. Not bad, huh? :)