VBA support. Need help

quzz

I downloaded several ROMs for the VBA express emulator, every single ROM that i execute runs at 300% normal speed (its so fast nothing can be played) I looked for an option to drop the speed and i couldnt find it, if you knnow how to fix this please help me.

davidcoombs86

First of all, I believe downloading roms are illegal. SO DON'T DO IT.:excl:

Now for your problem. There is many reason why your VBA is running at 300%.

(1): Your stupid, and leaning on the space bar. lol no offense.
(2): A problem that I had is if you turn off the sound the game will speed up. When I done it everything was a blur because it was at more like 700-800%. which really sucked.
(3): Now I can't answer your question directly, but I can tell you to pick at the the things in the upper right corner ( i'm talking about on the earlier versons) and pick around until you find the Frame skip option. When you do set it to 100%. And If it's already at that then change it to something else and then bak. If this does not solve the problem then set it to a lower setting until the game play fits what your looking for..

quzz

Thanks, it did drop from 300-500 % down to 150% which makes most games playable, but it is still very annoying. I turned the sound on ( which i believe i have always done) and i turned the auto skip function. If there is any option or anything you think i should try to drop it an extra 30% that woud be great, although playing at the normal 100% would be idea, thanks

P.S. I am getting kind of tired of struggling over normal game speed which is kind of lame, besides this emulator isnt really the best. If you know of any other emulator (GBA) that works on Linux please tell me. Or tell me which emulator you use yourself or you have heard is good. thanks

Last edited:

DraigGwym

DownLoadable Messiah
I currently use the last public version of VGB, 1.8.0 beta.
I've noticed on some machines I've run it on in the past that the emulator might not get the timing 100% correct on certain vidcard/monitor combinations. I've often had to turn throttling on to 100% and turned OFF auto frame skipping. These options can be found in the OPTIONS menu under FRAME SKIP.. Here's an example of my own settings..

Video%20Settings%201.JPG

Video%20Settings%202.JPG

Hope that helped..