Link error...EVERY TIME[one computer]

Cold 09

Here's the deal...
When I try linking my Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (on VBA Link) on one computer for trade purpose, right before the characters enter the Trade Room, the screen goes black and there is a message saying:
"Link error...Check your Game Link cable connection, and turn the power off and on."
So, after a few hours of pissing blood, I've finally made it work...ONLY ONCE.
After that, every time I tried it, the connection "crashed".

Does anybody have some tips on how to make it work everytime...or at least more often?

thnx in advance...

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
HA whoops i was thinking about crystal not saphire Lol Crystal is GBC ;)

In order to link them they need to be saved as .sa1 and .sa2 files just change the extention.

Start 2 VBA Links.

Open the game saved as .sa1 in the 1st emu you opened and .sa2 in the second then link them.

Cold 09

Yaaaaah, I've tried it and it sucked ass once more (hope one can say "SUCK" on the internet)!!!
Now it's getting REALLY frustrating...I mean FUUUUUCK!!!
Now...

I've removed all the files 'cept the .sa1 and the GBA file from my Sapphire folder, and .sa2 and the GBA file from my Ruby folder. When I start the "connection", guess what happens...YES, IT CRASHES!!! WOOO-HOOO!!!

shit...:dry:

Now...

Do the shift+F1s got something to do with it or am I simply doing something else wrong...and, yeah...

What "ping timeout" value should I use? Mine is at 25000 miliseconds, and, yes, it still sucks ass.

Hope you'll answer soon...

PS What's up with linking Silver and Gold? I mean, why can't they be linked?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
silver and gold are not GBA games for those use TGB Dual. VBA Link sucks dont expect anything good from it. when i got mine to work i set my time out to 10000