whats your favrite next gen console & how is going to win the console war

Jale

Wrong. Nintendo has been created 117 years ago (in 1889) and it started with playing cards called "Hanafuda" and it's been into the video game industry for more than 35 or 40 years.

malfunkshun

Wrong. Nintendo has been created 117 years ago (in 1889) and it started with playing cards called "Hanafuda" and it's been into the video game industry for more than 35 or 40 years.

yeah but who cares. they've only been making video games since the early 80's... or been a major player anyway. Donkey Kong is the first game I remember by Nintendo.

and that Wii controller that somebody posted, well thats kind of a relief, that is if its real and not just somebody's 3D rendering. people love to do that nowadays, create some console-related hardware in 3DS Max and render it with Brazil, making it look uber real.

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
I thought that the standarad remote some one said to post was suppose to be fo the virtule console to play old games.

Jale

Virtual Console is for running NES, SNES, N64, Genesis and TurboGraphx 16 (PC Engine) on the Wii.

malfunkshun

so, the wii is also an emulator for running old school games? how does it do this? surely there isn't a cartridge slot for genesis games

Xiedo

Content for the emulated consoles will be downloadable - so, hopefully, cheap.

And I believe the Wii remote can be turned on its side and held with two hands to mimic an NES controller. :)

Jale

Yep. Around $5 - $10 per game.

And I believe the Wii remote can be turned on its side and held with two hands to mimic an NES controller. :)
Yep. Certain Wii games will require the controller to be held that way. Like in a racing game, holding the controller like a steering wheel.

malfunkshun

so, what i'm hearing, is that i'll be able to download N64 games for about 10 bucks to play on the Wii, along with other emulated consoles? that is pretty damn cool if thats the case. although, yeah, the controller is a HUGE issue for me, turning that remote sideways ain't gonna cut it.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
The whole reason im getting a Wii at the moment is the emulation.
That controller that wasposted was a concept but i herd they put it into affect a few days ago.
I also read that the Wii is capable of using a GC controller, I dont know how true this is but ill do some reaserch.;)

Xiedo

I am pretty sure that the Wii is absoutely compatible with the GC controller (for some games). How the heck else is SSB:Brawl gonna be a success? Oh, Brawl... suddenly I really do want a Wii.

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
Why not? When you turn it sideways it's not much different than an old NES controller.

ya whats wrong with that. Ok heres a point from a bastard.. this is for all the next gen. consoles but all I see is nintendo WII

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
I heard that the xbox360 got a camera is it true in how does it look ike I bet its going to be like the eyetoy for the ps2

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
news update for the ps3 it seems they lowered the price...... But for japan only.....I feel lonely no one has posted in this thread for a long time......:( :(