Monster Rancher 1...How do I Shrine using PSEven?

Lexca

I've tried Force Disk change for several different PSX games and music CDs, but all I get is that darn Dino monster. What am I doing wrong?

montpics

Please elaborate and explain for even details about you problems as Monster Ranchers 1 only 1 disc for Playstation. (You don't need change CD for that.) :cool:

Zajac

i have the same poblem, cos in this game u can load monsters from any cd that exist, but i always have the same monster, monster from monster rancher cd... im doing everything ok, im sure of that... but i alwaaaaaays get the same monster, and playing with 3 basic monsters (plus their combinations) is boring =(

montpics

Now I could understand what you are refering to.

Possibility, it may only works on the real console as I'm afraid. Try to use Gameshark codes if necessary. :cool:

Runewind

I don't use PSEven, but it might work the same.

I noticed that if I changed disk to an ISO image (without mounting it, may work if mounted) I would only get a Suezo. If I recall correctly neither FFT nor Azure Dreams gave Suezos when my friend and I played MR forever ago.

Well, I was determined to get the shrine to work, and I did!

Note: I use epsxe, so the method may vary depending on your emu.
Method:

1. Go to shrine.
2. Say "yes."
3. When prompted to insert a new disk, press esc.
4. Unmount the image.
5. Insert a disk in a physical drive.
6. Go to File->Change Disk->CDROM.
7. Press 'x.'
8. After it has read the disk, open your drive and remove the disk.
9. Mount your Monster Rancher image again.
10. Go to File->Change Disk->CDROM
11. Press 'x' again and in a sec you'll have your new monster.

Using this method I got everything from a Golem, to a Dino/Jell, and a few others worth having. I fused my Wing Worm with my Tiger/Hare (from the MR disk) to get a Tiger/Worm for my first monster.

Sure, I'm out 500G early on, but it's a spiffy lookin' monster.

>.> Yeah...really wish my CD burner would work. That'd make this whole thing a lot easier.

Solis

Hello Lexca,

On PSXeven to change a disc or iso when asked to insert next cd hit esc key and do this PSXeven>File>Force Change Disc

Grantmck

O.k i know this is an old thread but i might as well try. Anyway When i mount my image do i run the iso or the CD rom because when i run the iso i have to change the drive to the virtual drive then when i change the disk it doesn't read the disk because it's still set to the virtual drive so is there anyway to change the drive automaticly because you can do it during the middle of a game. i'm using daemon tools and epsxe. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

sportzryan

OK this is a new twist on this question, but after having to play on the emulator (eSPXe) because of lack of playstation functioning.. I found a new issue.

I have figured out how to get the shrine to work properly, which is GREAT!

BUT!

Now I have unlocked a few monsters (the first 4, mew, henger, gali, and i f orget the other?) and then phoenix... and golem/baku after the house upgrade. and for some reason the shrine guy still tells me I am unauthorized to produce those monsters from cd's. like the unlocking hasn't worked or something. has ANYONE experienced this before??