Problems with running Football Manager 2006 ISO, HELP! :)

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya! My brothers downloaded an ISO image file of Football Manager 2006 and I've used ISO Buster to extract the files etc and I've mounted the original ISO onto DAEMON Tools and have opened the file, everything appears to be there and it doesn't say anything about missing files.

Right ok, getting to the point... I first clicked on the 'auto run' exe and the title screen come up and the installation process begun, it completed successfully and is installed properly. Obviously after installation a desktop icon appears of the game, so you can run it straight off, yes there is but when I clicked on it it said 'Cannot locate CD-ROM, Please insert the correct CD-ROM and restart application' but I've made sure the image is mounted onto a virtual drive, how can this be sorted?

Thanks!

CrAzY!

Last edited:

Xiedo

It could be that the program is looking to your physical CD drive rather than the virtual CD drive. Go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Comp Management, select Disk Management and change your CD-ROM drive (mine is D) to any other letter and change your virtual drive (the one with the ISO) to the letter of your CD-ROM drive.

This will change the virtual drive to the default drive. If that doesn't help then change them back to the original settings. Then I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hi! Yeah I've tried changing the letter to my default drive (D:) but it doesn't let me change it to any of my virtual drive letters which are E:, F:, G: H:. And there doesn't seem to be anyway of transferring the disc to the D: drive from my virtual one.

EDIT: I understand what you said a little better, I've done this it doesn't appear to be working, thanks for the help though!

:cool: :)

Last edited:

Xiedo

You will need to change the physical drive to E, F, G, etc. first before you can set the virtual drive to D. I don't now why it wouldn't let you change the D drive at all. :(

montpics

Right ok, getting to the point... I first clicked on the 'auto run' exe and the title screen come up and the installation process begun, it completed successfully and is installed properly. Obviously after installation a desktop icon appears of the game, so you can run it straight off, yes there is but when I clicked on it it said 'Cannot locate CD-ROM, Please insert the correct CD-ROM and restart application' but I've made sure the image is mounted onto a virtual drive, how can this be sorted?
Obviously, you'll need to find a crack *.exe to make this game work. And yes, the game itself doesn't need a CD to run.

Note :
If you asking me where you can find it, try Google! instead. Asking for it are forbidden in this forum. :cool:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
IIRC FM2006 also needs a program to hide your virtual drive. Googling for that will help you find one ;)

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya! Thanks for answering, right I am very new to all of this but I am learning, I don't actually know what a crack is, I'm guessing it's something which allows you to bypass copyrighted material, yes??:eek: :D

And I'm gonna google these things and have a quick look around, but if someone could explain a little more, I'd be happier, thanks! :happy:

And to the above poster IIRC FM2006 *Program which needs to hide virtual drives, sorry what do I search for!?* lol :)

EDIT X1: Right I sort of understand more of what a Crack is it's bypassing software which can be installed and allows you to play copyrighted games etc, I think. Anyway I downloaded one and my Norton Antivirus automatically deleted the installation file etc because they had viruses, where can I find cracks with no viruses?? :D

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Oh it's all ok now, I've been having problems getting into the site ARRRRGHH!:D Anyway I've found this wicked hiding tool, it's so simple and the game works perfectly, thanks! This is OFFICIAL SOLVED!;)