PSP Downgrader Discussion

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Re: PSP Downgrader from 2.71 to 1.5

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Can I or can I NOT downgrade from 2.71 to 1.5 if I have the "IC3001" chip? The confusion that I have was because I believe one of the responses said 2.71 can be downgrade to and not below 2.5, but can it be done with the "IC3001" chip? Anyone can clarify this? Thanks

No. If you have a "IC3001" then you can only downgrade to 2.5, anything below that and your PSP will not work.

PSP homebrew has changed alot since i wrote that little guide, there is now a simpler way to downgrade any PSP with firmware 2.71 to a lower version. This same resrictions still apply with a PSP with "IC1003" on the inside of the UMD drive.

Dark_AleX's Generic Downgrader can downgrade any psp with firmware 2.71 to any version below 2.71. If you have a "IC1003" then you can only downgrade as far as 2.5.

Dark_Alex has also released a program that will allow homebrew on a "IC1003" psp to run. Click here for the guide

TchuBacha

I am the Stig

Can someone send me the downdater folder so i can downgrade from 2.71 plz

Forget that old 2.71 downgrader.

There is better downgrader available that can downgrade your PSP with out the need of the downdater files. And it is alot safer.

First of all check your psp against this image.

If it doesnt have the "IC1003" in the top right corner and its firmware 2.71 then use this downgrader.

If it does have the "IC1003" and is firmware 2.71 then use this downgrader.

Remember always read the README's, downgraders can and have bricked PSPs.

Mikol

Uchiha Clan

I recently updated my PSP to 2.82! :( Is there a downgrader from 2.82 to 1.5or any version so i can play game roms in my PSP? There is no text written on the PCB of my PSP. Please help me on this:eek:

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig

I recently updated my PSP to 2.82! :( Is there a downgrader from 2.82 to 1.5or any version so i can play game roms in my PSP? There is no text written on the PCB of my PSP. Please help me on this:eek:

Sorry dude, only up to firmware 2.80 can be downgraded regardless of the version of the motherboard.

Mikol

Uchiha Clan

Sh**!:dry: I knew I should'nt have upgraded, I was already at 2.71! Anyway, thanks for the reply tchubacha you are The "Wookie". By the way, is there anybody working on a 2.82 downgrader? If there is please keep me posted if it comes out. Thankz!:)

Death_Pigeon

Boom Headshot

Ok my Disk thing says 3001ci and on my other one it says nothing does that mean i can downgrade oh yeah the one that says sumthings version is 3.11 and the other one which has nothing on it is version 3.03 i know i prob got nothing but any help would be good.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig

Alot of the information in this thread is really old.

Newer and safer downgraders have come out

Higher firmwares can be downgraded regardless of the motherboard version.

Ill help you on the new thread you made

Ignore everything about downgrader, down helpers, motherboard version in this thread

TheTicketTree

hey dude just bought my psp v2.71 on it, how do I downgrade this to v1.5 can you give the current updates for this downgrade thing. Many thanks

TchuBacha

I am the Stig

Oh well i just bricked my psp that would cost me modchip upgrade dang!

Duud, read and re-read all readmes.txt that you get with all downgraders, and also read posts made on other forums about downgrading, such as psp3d.com and pspudpates.qj.net among others.

The only modchip available doesnt work with a PSP with IC1003 due to differences in voltages. The is another modchip coming out that may work with an IC1003, but no one knows if its real or not.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
THIS THREAD NEEDS DE-STICKING AND BURYING UNDER ALOT OF SPAM....

If a mods reads this please de-sticky and let it die.... also give this thread the same treatment aswell.

Both threads contain guides to downgrading a PSPs firmware that is way out of date.

Last edited:

montpics

THIS THREAD NEEDS DE-STICKING AND BURYING UNDER ALOT OF SPAM....

If a mods reads this please de-sticky and let it die.... also give this thread the same treatment aswell.

Both threads contain guides to downgrading a PSPs firmware that is way out of date.
Your request has been granted. :eek: